Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to check if shsh aved for iphone4 which is stuck at apple logo

Default How to check if shsh aved for iphone4 which is stuck at apple logo
    guys.... i need a help. my friend bought an iphone4 which is software unlocked and with ios 4.0. he is total noob about jb and ul things. today morning he found his iphone4 is stuck at white apple logo. so now apparently he needs to restore. but prob is that he doesnt know if he got any shsh saved or not for 4.0 or 4.01. and as the phone is stuck at apple logo i cant even try tinyumbrella as tinyumbrella doesnt even recognise it. so is there any way o check what shsh he got saved?

it doesnt matter any more..
    download straight to 4.1
    get it working
    then use tiny umbrella to SHSH the OLDER versions. then you can go back if hosts is saved... why go back if u can use 4.1 limera1n

Quote Originally Posted by dtox2008 View Post
    it doesnt matter any more..
    download straight to 4.1
    get it working
    then use tiny umbrella to SHSH the OLDER versions. then you can go back if hosts is saved... why go back if u can use 4.1 limera1n
    u should read my post again. i said that its software un;pcl. so as soon as i upgrade to 4.1 i will lose my unlock. got it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Do you have the ECID written down somewhere? Does your PC recognize it at all? You might try one of the following:

How to Get Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch ECID (Tutorial for Windows and Mac) | iPhone Techie

Does iTunes recognize it?

Has he ever used firmware umbrella before? You can download firmware umbrella and see if it sees a previous version of umbrella's saved keys on the person's PC (it saves them to a hidden .shsh folder in the user's folder in W7 and other OS's are similar.)

If you can get the ECID, you can click advanced in umbrella and type in the ECID and then select the firmware version you want check Cydia's server for. It will tell you if it finds the key.

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    Do you have the ECID written down somewhere? Does your PC recognize it at all? You might try one of the following:

How to Get Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch ECID (Tutorial for Windows and Mac) | iPhone Techie

Does iTunes recognize it?

Has he ever used firmware umbrella before? You can download firmware umbrella and see if it sees a previous version of umbrella's saved keys on the person's PC (it saves them to a hidden .shsh folder in the user's folder in W7 and other OS's are similar.)

If you can get the ECID, you can click advanced in umbrella and type in the ECID and then select the firmware version you want check Cydia's server for. It will tell you if it finds the key.
    thnx for the nice infos brother.

he never used tinyumbrella.
    he doesnt have ecid written.

itunes recognizes it when i put the phone in dfu or recovery mode.

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    thnx for the nice infos brother.

he never used tinyumbrella.
    he doesnt have ecid written.

itunes recognizes it when i put the phone in dfu or recovery mode.

dude use tiny umbrella to update to 4.1 just run the tss servers and hold your shift key then click restore and find your 4.1 firmware through itunes then youll get error 1004 then kick device out of recovery and you just jailbreak with limera1n and use ultrasn0w cuzz your baseband with still be 1.59

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you have get into DFU and recovery, you can get the ECID using the link I gave.

But the above poster is right! Run umbrella, start TSS server, and update in iTunes. Umbrella will prevent the baseband update so you'll still be able to unlock. Make sure you look up a full tutorial on upgrading to 4.1 without upgrading baseband before you start though.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

To get your ECID : Plug your recovery phone in
    Click Start > Highlight Computer > Right Click Properties > Device Manager > Universal Bus Controller > Apple Mobie Device > Right Click Properties > Detail > Device Instance Path > Move the bottom slider to the right > You can now see it there, write it down and input in TU to get your shsh blogs.

but tinyumbrella isnt connecting with my iphone4. if tinyumbrella worked i cud had grabbed shsh.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You don't need an iphone to be connected, as long as you know your ECID, you can grab it, under device/version : select the correct shsh to grab
    Request : Cydia.
    Trust me, I have taught many guys already.

You only connect your iphone to get ECID

If your iphone is frozen at apple logo, trigger it into Recovery mode to get ECID.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-12 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    You don't need an iphone to be connected, as long as you know your ECID, you can grab it, under device/version : select the correct shsh to grab
    Request : Cydia.
    Trust me, I have taught many guys already.

You only connect your iphone to get ECID

If your iphone is frozen at apple logo, trigger it into Recovery mode to get ECID.
    Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    If you have get into DFU and recovery, you can get the ECID using the link I gave.

But the above poster is right! Run umbrella, start TSS server, and update in iTunes. Umbrella will prevent the baseband update so you'll still be able to unlock. Make sure you look up a full tutorial on upgrading to 4.1 without upgrading baseband before you start though.

thnx for the ideas guys.