Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sorry for another jb noob Q

Jeez, I can't even get to the easiest steps without having an issue!

I tried to install tinyumbrella and it said something is wrong. Port 80.....or shut down skype (don't have that) or Teamviewer. I have Teamviewer and I exited that. It still gave me the same message.

Now I just feel like a dumbas*!!!

Suggestions?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SepticTank View Post
    I tried to install tinyumbrella and it said something is wrong. Port 80.....or shut down skype (don't have that) or Teamviewer. I have Teamviewer and I exited that. It still gave me the same message.
    I had to fight with that message also. What OS are you using?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it by your name...

Windows 7... make you you right-click firmware umbrella and run as administrator.

If that doesn't help, make sure you have a host file in the right location. (Cwindows\system32\drivers\etc\) For whatever reason, I had no hosts file. I create a blank one and everything worked perfectly after that. (umbrella inserted the appropriate line item in that blank file). If you don't see one in that location, I can show you how to make one.
    Last edited by z6joker9; 2010-10-11 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you use Tss Server to do your restore, make sure you have 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com in your hosts file. You can mark the rest with # infront of every line to temporary to ignore. In tiny umbrellla, click Display shsh to verify that your shsh file is stored in your computer, under Device/Version : You must also highlight the right shsh blogs that corrrespond to the firmware you are to be restored to.

Yes, trying dun as admin and it still pops up the same message

Thanks

Are you trying to restore to 4.1 ?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    If you use Tss Server to do your restore, make sure you have 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com in your hosts file. You can mark the rest with # infront of every line to temporary to ignore. In tiny umbrellla, click Display shsh to verify that your shsh file is stored in your computer, under Device/Version : You must also highlight the right shsh blogs that corrrespond to the firmware you are to be restored to.
    umbrella will automatically edit the hosts file for you... unless you just want to check it... but any problems should show up as errors in umbrella. You're not using the TSS anyway since you're already on 4.1. I wouldn't worry about this post until you get a clean request for your SHSH and then you can learn what it all means if you want!

FYI, you can technically just skip to step 2 and jailbreak if you want, and come back for your SHSH later. You don't need it to jailbreak if you're already on 4.1. But I will stress that it's always important to save them as soon as you can, just in case.

Thanks

I was under the impression that he wanted to downgrade

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

SepticTank (2010-10-11)

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    umbrella will automatically edit the hosts file for you... unless you just want to check it... but any problems should show up as errors in umbrella. You're not using the TSS anyway since you're already on 4.1. I wouldn't worry about this post until you get a clean request for your SHSH and then you can learn what it all means if you want!

FYI, you can technically just skip to step 2 and jailbreak if you want, and come back for your SHSH later. You don't need it to jailbreak if you're already on 4.1. But I will stress that it's always important to save them as soon as you can, just in case.
    I understand completely.

I really wanted to save the shsh now before I go ahead and jb, just to be safe. I'd like to have had this issue with tinyumbrella figured out now...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes, trying dun as admin and it still pops up the same message
    Check and see if the hosts file is in the location I mentioned.

You could also try temporarily uninstalling teamviewer to be sure.

Temporarily disable firewall and anti-virus.

You can also try this: Windows button, Search for "cmd", right-click cmd.exe and run as admin. Type "netstat -anobv" and look for any process using an ip address followed by :80, such as 0.0.0.0:80

If you see one, kill it.

Check and see if the hosts file is in the location I mentioned.

You could also try temporarily uninstalling teamviewer to be sure.

Temporarily disable firewall and anti-virus.

You can also try this: Windows button, Search for "cmd", right-click cmd.exe and run as admin. Type "netstat -anobv" and look for any process using an ip address followed by :80, such as 0.0.0.0:80

If you see one, kill it.
    I had exited teamviewer and that made no difference. I found CMD and typed the command into it and it said it was an invalid command. Dang, I'm really getting a crash course here!!! Hahaha

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Don't type the quotes!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to z6joker9 For This Useful Post:

SepticTank (2010-10-13)

Ok, tried again but took out the dash (didn't use quotes at all the first time) and it brings up a legend for what the letters mean. No info came up for addresses and such....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

okay you do need the dash, but make sure you add a space between netstat and -anobv!

Code:
    netstat -anobv
    ^You should be able to copy/paste that!

OK, Dropbox was running with an :80 after it and I exited it but still doesn't work.

There was another thing but it wasn't a process and it had no name....

Really sorry for wasting your time....

Ok, killed Dropbox and then saw Firefox(?) was "listening" on Port 80. So I hoped off the net and it still didn't work.

I turned off Norton and it still gave the same message.

The only thing I am unclear on is how to put that "C" system link in and search for. There is a smiley face on your link and I believe it should be a slash or a colon?

I've tried everything. I'm becoming more tech savvy as this progresses. Hahaha
    Last edited by SepticTank; 2010-10-12 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

No bother... just pull your keys from a different computer for now. Stick umbrella on a flash drive, and run it and get your keys. Then view your keys and copy them to the flashdrive/email them to yourself/etc.

Can you still run firmware umbrella with the error? It might just be preventing you from running the TSS server. You don't need that part just to pull the keys. Ignore the error and request the key... see if that works.

The C smilie should be C : \ (remove spaces)

No bother... just pull your keys from a different computer for now. Stick umbrella on a flash drive, and run it and get your keys. Then view your keys and copy them to the flashdrive/email them to yourself/etc.

Can you still run firmware umbrella with the error? It might just be preventing you from running the TSS server. You don't need that part just to pull the keys. Ignore the error and request the key... see if that works.

The C smilie should be:
    Code:
    C:
    I went to my phone and got the C: etc... Was I supposed to be looking for the umbrella file that I downloaded? It's not there.

When the message pops up, I then click OK and it goes away and then the Action box for tinyumbrella is there with the device part on the right and the TSS part on the left part of the box. It appears I'm still able to "access" it but I figured I couldn't because it kept saying ERROR with port 80 etc.

So you believe it still may be OK and it will grab my files?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So you believe it still may be OK and it will grab my files?
    Try it... click Save My SHSH on the left side... ignore the right.

I'm also attaching a picture of where the host file should be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hosts.png  

It's here

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Well Tinyumbrella was able to save my shsh blobs and it also said a request was sent to Cydia and they are there too.

OK, last Q before I take the plunge and don't shoot me you guys BUT--Where the heck did my shsh blobs go to on my CPU?! Damn I'm a moron!!!!

Thanks in advance!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Click Show SHSH in umbrella (might be in the log) and it will open the folder. It should be C : \ Users \ YourUserName \ .shsh \

It might be hidden.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast