Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dfu problems

Default Dfu problems
    iPhone 3GS will not go into Dfu mode when I follow instructions for Dfu mode screen goes black and will not show anything unless I hold home and power button for 10 to 15 seconds and is not recognized by iTunes or limera1n lime just says release power button I am running 4.1 but was having same issue with 3.1.3 spirit jailbreak any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

What do you mean ? When in DFU mode, the sceen is black.

I follow instructions for going into Dfu mode and the screen goes black and there is no notification from iTunes or the limera1n application

Thanks

I heard that the latest release of limera1n works on 3gs.

The issue is that the computer is not recognizing the phone when it is supposedly in Dfu mode

Thanks

Do you have the latest Itunes ?

Thanks

Reboot your 3gs and do it again. There is an instruction on the front page of this website, if you are not sure on how to do it.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Make sure your not powering off instead of DFU.
    DFU mode instructions;
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down. (about 20 seconds)
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode

I have the same problem that you are having. I have done everything to get it to work and it doesnt do anything.

To be more specific, the problem that he is having is, Clicks on Limera1n probably does its thing, he presses Home and Power then releases Power and then the phone goes to DFU mode and screen goes black and Limera1n says, DFU mode please wait....... and then...... nothing happens. Program doesnt move and phone does nothing. Just a black screen! I have the same problem. I poste one also saying 3gs stuck in DFU mode and posted all my specs and no one has replied.

ok problem resolved it wasnt the iphone it was stupid windows 7 i went to view devices and printers and it was displaying the iphone as an unknow device i told it to update driver and it realized it was an iphone in dfu mode thanks for all your suggestions.

Default thanks!!!
    my comp was doin the same thing. not until i red ur comment was i able to jailbreak. thanks alot!!!