Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will you wait for GP

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Will you wait for GP
    Personally im gonna wait for gp, i just cant swallow stolen code and a rushed jailbreak. 4 betas in 12hrs ffs?

Too bad geohot had to ruin everything, he is a genius but hid actions were childish but good luck to him.

What will you guys do? Wait for greenpoison with geohots exploit fixed up by chronicdevteam or just install a rushed jb and hope for the best?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

theres another thread on this but , me i will wait

Nobody is going to wait for **** that ain't gonna come.

I've got to disagree, but let's not argue!

I'm delighted geohot has released limerain as it allows us 3GS users to join the pwnd for life gang. It also allows us to jailbreak at firmwares lower than 4.1 so we can unlock too.

If we had green poison using shatter then we'd be months away before they released the next jailbreak.

It was buggy because he pushed the JB out in a day to try to stop CDT releasing GP, I had no problems JB my phone with BETA 4 and to be honest, I don't think there's been too many people complaining, most of the problems are down to user errors or apps not working after an update to 4.1.

Either way, lets be thankful the community is getting one up on apple for the time being, Enjoy!

P.S. If you can wait for GP to be released with the geohot exploit then you probably should. Though not one issue in the process or with the phone now its jb for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    Nobody is going to wait for **** that ain't gonna come.
    Many people will wait, as i will. I have 4.1 and have no jb, and have been waiting for a long time and will continue to do so.

95% of the jb community hated and or hates geohot yet you are praising him for a childish act and sucker punch on CDT, not to mentuon the donations he will recieve for the work he didnt 100% himself. He is stealing from you, and stole from comex.

Thanks but no thanks!

^On what proof ru saying that he stole the code from someone? Just coz some wanker posts crap over the internet you assume it is correct?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l-awstraljan View Post
    Many people will wait, as i will. I have 4.1 and have no jb, and have been waiting for a long time and will continue to do so.

95% of the jb community hated and or hates geohot yet you are praising him for a childish act and sucker punch on CDT, not to mentuon the donations he will recieve for the work he didnt 100% himself. He is stealing from you, and stole from comex.

Thanks but no thanks!

Don't pretend to speak for anyone but yourself. You have no idea how everyone feels. What geohot did may not have been the nicest move, but it was certainly what was best overall for the end users.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    ^On what proof ru saying that he stole the code from someone? Just coz some wanker posts crap over the internet you assume it is correct?
    ill believe anyone on the net buy geohot. We ALL know what he is like. And yeah, about geohot stole comex's untether userland exploit. Youre prolly just another geohot hater, and ofcourse cant wait for a proper release.

Would you buy a new playstation knowing half of it was partially stolen, overheats? Doesnt install games properly etc etc? I think not.

Anyways good luck to those who do jb, and make sure u donateto a thief and a developer that doesnt give a **** about the community, and only himself, his pride and ego. GO FOR IT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Don't pretend to speak for anyone but yourself. You have no idea how everyone feels. What geohot did may not have been the nicest move, but it was certainly what was best overall for the end users.
    Lol u have no idea then, best for the end users? He couldve ruined a good bootrom exploit for the END USERS and possibly ruin a chance for a jailbreak for the future iphone.

Only reason anything turned out well is because CDT had to throw in the towel and do the responsible thing and not release their jb.

As i said, he doesnt care about the community, he didnt test the jb before releasing. 4 betas in 12hrs? Hah!

Havent u been following twitter? Have u seen what geohot said to stealthbravo?

Bashing thread awesome. Enjoy waiting on a JB. Personnally I don't give a rats a** about feelings. So if you'd rather wait to " do the right thing * your the sucker lawl

You have to be kidding! If you wait you will be waiting a long time! Gp is known for this crap I remember him asking for donations so he could buy a touch and never followed threw aft he Got it. Been jail breaking since first gen and geo has always come threw when the teams have taken forever and a day to come out with one. As far as stolen code how could it be stolen when the 2 jailbreaks have been confirmed to be different. You should get the facts straight before accusing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    He's speaking for me too actually. Geohot is an absolute jerk for the way he's acted over the last few days, and Limera1n is one buggy piece of crap mostly because he just HAD to be first. Yes, we might have had to wait one more day for greenpois0n, but we would also have been confident that it had been thoroughly tested by ChronicDev. Let's look at some of the bugs that have popped up with Limera1n so far:

- Still not working for every device it says it works for.
    - People are still having issued uninstalling the limera1n icon from their phones.
    - Sometimes you have to run the program multiple times to get it to perform the jailbreak.
    - Some people have reported issues getting Cydia to install.
    - There are reports that people trying to restore their phones in iTunes after performing a limera1n jailbreak are having their restores fail with a 1004 error.

That's just in the first day. With software this buggy, there may be more issues that pop up down the road. Given my personal distaste for Geohot, and the consistently high-quality releases coming from the Dev Team, I'll wait for a tool from them.

Thanks

Dont get me wrong, im happy that 3gs users got a jb.
    But how can u install something on ur beloved iphone that hasnt been tested?
    If geohot wanted whatt was best, he wouldve arranged something with CDT and they couldve worked together and fixed it up before releasing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmaddox View Post
    You have to be kidding! If you wait you will be waiting a long time! Gp is known for this crap I remember him asking for donations so he could buy a touch and never followed threw aft he Got it. Been jail breaking since first gen and geo has always come threw when the teams have taken forever and a day to come out with one. As far as stolen code how could it be stolen when the 2 jailbreaks have been confirmed to be different. You should get the facts straight before accusing someone.
    Ur honestly the one that should read before posting. Bootrom exploits are different but the "being untethered" other words userland exploit (i think that what its called) was made by comex.

And its not about feelings. Id rather quality over anything.

Could really care less... Ran fine on my iphone4 no problems whatsoever @ beta2. Will update to beta4 now just to keep up to date but what the hell do I care who released it if it works?

Quote Originally Posted by l-awstraljan View Post
    Dont get me wrong, im happy that 3gs users got a jb.
    But how can u install something on ur beloved iphone that hasnt been tested?
    If geohot wanted whatt was best, he wouldve arranged something with CDT and they couldve worked together and fixed it up before releasing.

Joke? Have you read anything? He tried gett with CDT to put out a JB, they didn't want his help. As far as I'm concerned the only people having trouble are idiots that think thy know what JB is all about. My damn 3 year old could JB this **** with the tools given. The man creates a tutorial within the damn JB and you pansies are whining...

my view is...
    4.2 is coming around the corner
    geohots is doing them a favour... and launching it now so in WOW 4ish weeks 4.2 comes out Patches it all up then GP will be out till 4.3 and so on... might aswell just launch it only for 4 weeks...
    and the ETA if you follow twitter is always Well about this and about that around 10.10.10 10:10... i think it was going to be late anyway. but its good they are saving the code for 4.2 simple.... so i a way GP will last alot longer than geohots 4 week patch

Quote Originally Posted by yup123 View Post
    Could really care less... Ran fine on my iphone4 no problems whatsoever @ beta2. Will update to beta4 now just to keep up to date but what the hell do I care who released it if it works?
    Now that's what I'm talking about!

Thanks

Lol sure. I cant believe the whole community was against geohot and said "we dont need him" and now all is forgotten.

And for the 100th time its not about who released what first. Its about the state of the jb.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtox2008 View Post
    my view is...
    4.2 is coming around the corner
    geohots is doing them a favour... and launching it now so in WOW 4ish weeks 4.2 comes out Patches it all up then GP will be out till 4.3 and so on... might aswell just launch it only for 4 weeks...
    and the ETA if you follow twitter is always Well about this and about that around 10.10.10 10:10... i think it was going to be late anyway. but its good they are saving the code for 4.2 simple.... so i a way GP will last alot longer than geohots 4 week patch
    Well said, but its a bootrom exploit so it cant bbe patched by firmware. Hardware needs to be changed.

As i said geohot is an *******, but still did something great for non i4 users. But jesus almighty have u seen what geohot has said to stealthbravo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast