Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can someone help me test VPN with limera1n?

Default Can someone help me test VPN with limera1n?
    Can someone with a 3gs on 4.1 test out the vpn feature to see if it works after they jailbreak with limera1n b4? I Jb'd my phone and am trying to download cydia, unfortunately I live in China at the moment and they block the cydia download site...

Thanks for your help!!

Do you just want someone to test any vpn connection through their iphone?

OK, I just connected to a VPN with my iphone and had BBC iplayer working in the middle east. No probs on my limerain JB 3GS.

Hopefully that's the test you wanted.
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-10-10 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Have you jailbroken your iphone with limera1n? are you running ios4.1 on a 3gs?

Is on 4.0.2 but yes for the rest. I've just tested it on a 3GS on 4.1 but not limerained (snowbreezed this one)

Awesome thanks. I think my phone is just messed up. It works fine on my ipad, computer, and other iphone... Any ideas? It keeps saying the server timed out yet I can go there in safari...

Delete the VPN settings, reboot the phone and put them back in.
    Are you using l2tp or pptp?

I'm using l2tp. I tried reseting my network settings and reentering the info but that didn't work either

Try pptp, I had probs with l2tp too

Fixed it. Turned off the cellular data and turned it back on and now itworks.... Odd