Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: It almost 10-10-10 10:10:10

Default It almost 10-10-10 10:10:10
    Will we see the gp jailbreak today? After all the drama from yesterday?

My understanding is GP wont be released, why bother when there is limera1n already available.

It's delayed..it's on the website

Oh ok thanks! Anyway does limera1n have a GUIde to jailbreak it and is there a option to enable battery % like redSnow?

Does limera1n hacktivate because if you look on the website it says

limera1n, 6 months in the making
    iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G
    4.0-4.1 and beyond+++
    limera1n is unpatchable
    untethered thanks to jailbreakme star comex
    released today to get chronicdev to do the right thing
    brought to you by geohot
    hacktivates
    Mac coming soon
    follow the instructions in the box, sadly limera1n isn't one click
    that's the price of unpatchability
    as usual, donations appreciated but not required
    still in beta, pardon my ragged edges
    AppleTV is technically supported, but theres no apps yet
    zero pictures of my face

known bugs
    some people must reboot to see Cydia
    some people still don't have windows
    beta iOS versions aren't supported
    iPod Touch 2G support coming soon
    for 3G, use redsn0w
    limera1n app is a white box, i know. use it anyway

changelog
    BETA1 - first release
    BETA2 - fixed kernel patching magic, rerun BETA2+ over BETA1
    BETA3 - fixed new bootrom 3GS
    BETA4 - uninstall fixed, respring fixedish

Download for Windows
    md5: d901c4b3a544983f095b0d03eb94e4db

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It says hacktivate so it should hacktivate

I tried and it didn't. That so g4y.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Try again is all I can say. It's a buggy jb, so some people have to keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabprince View Post
    I tried and it didn't. That so g4y.
    Guide available from clarified.com for windows. I tried on my iPhone 4 - 4.1. After clicked in make it rain, it just hang there. Doesn't work or I have not wait long enough?!

The latest one worked perfect on my 3gs.. sent him some money for his effort

Quote Originally Posted by daniel13 View Post
    Guide available from clarified.com for windows. I tried on my iPhone 4 - 4.1. After clicked in make it rain, it just hang there. Doesn't work or I have not wait long enough?!
    Try a different USB port, worked on my iPhone 4 with 4.1 (i had iTunes open in the back if that helps)

@Arabprince
    Tell us what device you have and what you have tried so far instead of just whining ... Maybe we can help...

So, I was supposed to download GP. I originally thought my iPhone 4 had 4.0.1, but it doesn't. I guess it comes preloaded with 4.0.2. I was wondering if anyone has tried limerain and had it work? I'm just wondering if I should wait for GP or just give limerain a try?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HallowqueenMask View Post
    So, I was supposed to download GP. I originally thought my iPhone 4 had 4.0.1, but it doesn't. I guess it comes preloaded with 4.0.2. I was wondering if anyone has tried limerain and had it work? I'm just wondering if I should wait for GP or just give limerain a try?
    Limera1n only works on 4.1 from what I've heard.

Two options:

Wait for PwnageTool or sn0wbreeze to be updated harnessing Geohot's new bootrom exploit--you'll be upgraded and jailbroken without losing your baseband (and therefore unlock potential). Using this method is recommended, and will eschew Limera1n/greenpois0n.

OR

Grab TinyUmbrella, run the TSS server, and after you get your 4.1 SHSH, restore your i4 to 4.1 via iTunes. TinyUmbrella will prevent your baseband being updated, the restore should end with a 1004 error. Use the "Kick out of Recovery" button, and you'll be ready to jailbreak with limera1n or greenpois0n (recommended).

worked with my 4.0.2 3gs no problem

Quote Originally Posted by HallowqueenMask View Post
    I'd recommend upgrading to 4.1 instead of just jailbreaking 4.0.2

Here is why.

From what you said it looks like you did not unlock your phone yet so there is no point in staying at 4.0.2 for you.

Yeah, my phone was never unlocked since I bought it directly from AT&T and I use their service. I'm just interested in jailbreaking the phone to use it's full potential.

I'm not sure but was I really whining. I just wanted to know. It seems stupid f it says it does and it wont.
    Anyway I have the 3GS old bootrom. I know this may sound like I'm dumb but hacktivating isn't unlocking right. It is just so you can get past the iPhone sim card thing. I'm sorry this is my first iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk3pticalKiller View Post
    Try a different USB port, worked on my iPhone 4 with 4.1 (i had iTunes open in the back if that helps)

@Arabprince
    Tell us what device you have and what you have tried so far instead of just whining ... Maybe we can help...
    That is why I asked for help
    Last edited by Arabprince; 2010-10-13 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost