Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remove "simple background"

Unhappy Remove "simple background"
    I have a BIG problem.

I just jailbreaked using limera1n, everything works like it should so no problem there.
    After jailbreaking I used pkgbackup to restore some of my cydia apps, one of the apps that was restored was "Simple Background"
    little did I know that this ap had big problems working on iPhone 4 4.1. What happens is that every time a app is launched (cydia, settings, clock, a game) basically anything the screen is resized to only a fourth of the screen to the upper left corner. The screens touch controls only functions on the visible area but here's the real problem, the touch controls is not resized together with the screen so I can only access stuff in the middle left part of the visible area. That means that I am unable to press any buttons that would be place to the right and also the bottom of the screen. The only thing that's working is the springboard but the only thing I can do from there is launch apps.

I don't have open ssh installed so I can't navigate in the folderstructures using my computer.
    What I can do is use iFile on the iPhone because that apps rotates with the phone letting me press most areas except the keyboard.

What I want to do is to get rid off "simple background" I can't uninstall it using either the command line because I don't have an app like that installed, also I'm unable to get rid of it suing cydia because in cydia I can't get to the keyboard or navigate to the packages. Sb setting is not installed either.

I tried restoring my iPhone from a backup to unjailbreak it but to no avail.
    I'm staring to run out of ideas here, please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore to new and rejailbreak.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

I just tried that and got the (3014) error, installing iTunes 10 now to see if that fixes the restore.
    Nope, updating to iTunes 10 was no help, I still get the same error.
    Last edited by satanas; 2010-10-10 at 03:59 PM.

Do you have SBSettings? You can use that to go to Safe Mode and navigate to Cydia and uninstall from there.