Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MY3G crashes iPhone 4 limera1n. wont boot

Default MY3G crashes iPhone 4 limera1n. wont boot
    Hi guys

so ive been struggling all day with this.

when ever i install my3g and reboot my phone once the installation has completed, the phone gets stuck at the apple logo and then after a while it gets a frozen loading icon ontop the apple and then a little while longer shuts itself off and starts the cycle again.

its very upsetting, everything else seems to work and other people seem to be able to install it. and restoring my phone for the 6th time is a pain.

this is 4.1 on an iphone 4 with limera1n betas 2 & 4 tested

any advince would be highly appreciated

thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm having the exact same problem.
    Jailbroke my iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 with limera1n BETA 4, was using cydia for a couple of minutes and rebooted the phone quite a few times. However, when I installed My3G and rebooted the phone it got stuck on the boot logo.
    Restored the phone (got some 1004 errors in the middle but just kicked the phone out of recovery mode with TinyUmbrella) redid the jailbreak, installed Cydia, upgraded Cydia, rebooted, no problems. Installed ONLY My3G and then my phone got stuck on the boot screen again...
    I'm doing my second restore now but won't install My3G until someone can fix this issue...

I guess everyone jailbreaking with limera1n and installing My3G is having this issue. By the way, my baseband is the latest (02.10.04). Could it possibly have something to do with the baseband as well?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Its because My3g has not been updated to 4.1 yet, oh and lets not forget that limera1n is a buggy piece of stolen ****. So you should probably be happy it hasn't bricked your phone yet.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Default The Same Problem
    I had the same problem exactly as you told...
    And also when i tried to reinstall for third time iTunes gave ERROR CODE:1004..if you had that code,it means that iPhone stucked in recovery mode so use Tinyumbrella to ''Kick out of Recovery Mode''...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Well that's odd... my Limera1n iPhone 4 on 4.1 works great with My3G. Y'all wouldn't be trying to pirate an older non-updated version would you?!

Busted! Lol

MY3G legit not working including facetime for me on Iphone4 with Limera1n beta4. IN Cydia yesterday was showing be patience my3g does not work with 4.1 yet. Today not showing this warning. Reinstalled but still not working. Any solution as working for poseidon79.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm using a legit version of my3g and it still crashed my phone.. I don't really think that it makes any difference whether the app is cracked or not though..
    3G unrestrictor us working just fine though.
    I guess I should do a restore and try greenpois0n..

Today updated My3G V4.4 from cydia working fine and no problem. It says fixed for IOS 4.1.