Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need a tutorial on how to upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.1 without losing anything

Talking Need a tutorial on how to upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.1 without losing anything
    Alright I'm at 4.0.1 jailbreak right now and want to upgrade it to 4.1 (Actually will wait till limera1n is out of the beta since I'm on a 3GS).

Can someone post a tutorial or walk through on how to upgrade to a newer jailbreak without losing any of my apps etc..
    Desi Loog

Could you be a little more specific? Are you talking about your AppStore Apps or your Cydia Apps or both? Contacts/Messages/Etc? If you're talking about Cydia Apps I don't THINK it is possible to update without losing those as Apple clears it all out during the process when you update. If it's AppStore Apps you should be perfectly fine because all you need to do is sync with iTunes and all your Apps should save to your computer, where if you do happen to lose them, you can easily just re-sync and get them all back. Same goes for Messages/Contacts/Etc.

Yeah I'm talking about everything except Cydia apps, so my contacts, iTunes apps (hacked apps) etc... Will I lose the hacked apps? Last time I synced it I lost them all.

So basically I will upgrade the phone through iTunes and then jailbreak correct?
    Desi Loog

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger7 View Post
    Yeah I'm talking about everything except Cydia apps, so my contacts, iTunes apps (hacked apps) etc... Will I lose the hacked apps? Last time I synced it I lost them all.

So basically I will upgrade the phone through iTunes and then jailbreak correct?

Dont talk about pirated apps buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

some are suggesting saving your baseband first with tiny umbrella + ugrade (restore) to 4.1 first and works for iphone4 re;baseband. Can someone with more knowledge shed light on this. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger7 View Post

Yes, you will most likely lose your pirated Apps. Your contacts can be synced through iTunes (I think, I sync mine with Yahoo so I'm not really sure about that)