Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n BUGS SO FAR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dtox2008 View Post
    Mywi is working for me 4.1 Iphone 4 JB

the problem that I have it I open cydia
    I try and add that bitesms source and I get this error

Error: Refreshing Data
    The method driver
    /usr/lib/apt/methods/Http could not be found

The method driver
    /usr/lib/apt/methods/Http could not be found

any fix pleaseeeeeeee... I tried that ifile thing and delete the deb with the urls no joy

thanks
    If you SSH (or iPhoneBrowser) into /usr/lib/apt/methods you'll see a list of methods. You'll see that Http isn't there, just http (note the cap H). You can copy the http version to your desktop and rename it to Http. Then put that new file into the directory above on your iphone. Now you'll have BOTH http and Http.
    Hope this helps.
    ~Cachehog~

Quote Originally Posted by cachehog View Post
    If you SSH (or iPhoneBrowser) into /usr/lib/apt/methods you'll see a list of methods. You'll see that Http isn't there, just http (note the cap H). You can copy the http version to your desktop and rename it to Http. Then put that new file into the directory above on your iphone. Now you'll have BOTH http and Http.
    Hope this helps.
    ~Cachehog~
    thanks but I did a restore lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well today was a bundle of laughs.

Any video I tried playing off the iPod App immediately crashed the phone (all I got was a black screen) - and only way to resolve the issue was to do the "Hold Home Button and Power Buttons at the same time"

Coupled with that - any SMS Message I tried to send just crashed the App back to the Homescreen, and I couldn't receive any SMS Messages. Resulted in me missing the Text Message informing me that a family member had been taken ill into Hospital.

Seriously - this is the worst, most retarded piece of JB Software ever released - only put out so some stupid kid could get his cock ridden by a load of fanboys just because he "outsmarted" some guys who actually bothered to test their software properly.

Four Betas? Seriously - rot off

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Honestly, you haters need to either accept that the jb isn't perfect for everyone or go and create your own (which I'm sure you can't do).

Limera1n worked perfect the first time for my first iPhone. The second one I had to restore one extra time and re-do the jb and then it was fine.

My iPhones are both jb and no problems exist. So for you to get mad and diss someone who may have been an @sshole to the devs and released a jb before proper testing was done, but he released SOMETHING that worked for quite a few of us.

If you had so much trouble with Limera1n and hate the fact that it didnt go right for you, why dont you just use GreenPoison then? Would it kill you to restore and run GP? If you can't run GP cuz you don't have a device with the A4, then you should start learning how to create your own jb seeing as how Limera1n is the only 3GS/iPT 3G solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Honestly, you haters need to either accept that the jb isn't perfect for everyone or go and create your own (which I'm sure you can't do).

Limera1n worked perfect the first time for my first iPhone. The second one I had to restore one extra time and re-do the jb and then it was fine.

My iPhones are both jb and no problems exist. So for you to get mad and diss someone who may have been an @sshole to the devs and released a jb before proper testing was done, but he released SOMETHING that worked for quite a few of us.

If you had so much trouble with Limera1n and hate the fact that it didnt go right for you, why dont you just use GreenPoison then? Would it kill you to restore and run GP? If you can't run GP cuz you don't have a device with the A4, then you should start learning how to create your own jb seeing as how Limera1n is the only 3GS/iPT 3G solution.
    The only reason you are happy is because it worked for you... obviously. So for that good for you... but before you start your rant you might want to do a little research. "GP" does not only work for the A4 chip as it is the same exploit as Limera1n. They did not use SHATTER.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NDzzle View Post
    The only reason you are happy is because it worked for you... obviously. So for that good for you... but before you start your rant you might want to do a little research. "GP" does not only work for the A4 chip as it is the same exploit as Limera1n. They did not use SHATTER.
    My bad, I forgot they held back SHAtter. Aside from that, you're still a hater for something you yourself can't accomplish. Of course I'm happy, why? Cuz the jb worked for me. Why? Cuz I don't usually make mistakes while jailbreaking my phones an when I do, I can fix it just fine. So the only reason I have to believe why it doesn't work for you is cuz of user error. Hate all you want, I don't know why I even bothered to say anything in the first place. Won't change the fact that 1) you're angry and bitter cuz you couldn't use a tool correctly that a lot of users for some reason have had success with and 2) your phone isn't jailbroken

Thank you for your response. Have a good day.

Thanks

A lot of the issues that people seem to be having are NOT caused by the jailbreak method used. Most of the things people have had issues with sound like problems caused by restoring from backup instead of setting up as a new phone. Try restoring and setting it up as a new phone, most of your problems will be resolved. The other things causing issues are the fact that many cydia packages haven't been updated for 4.1 yet. the only thing that will fix that is patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    My bad, I forgot they held back SHAtter. Aside from that, you're still a hater for something you yourself can't accomplish. Of course I'm happy, why? Cuz the jb worked for me. Why? Cuz I don't usually make mistakes while jailbreaking my phones an when I do, I can fix it just fine. So the only reason I have to believe why it doesn't work for you is cuz of user error. Hate all you want, I don't know why I even bothered to say anything in the first place. Won't change the fact that 1) you're angry and bitter cuz you couldn't use a tool correctly that a lot of users for some reason have had success with and 2) your phone isn't jailbroken

Thank you for your response. Have a good day.
    Annie don't let it get to you. If they can't figure out: click, home+power, release, wait, reboot: well there's not much to be done....
    Things the people having problems can do to resolve it though include: Don't run either jb on a Mac via virtual machine, different usb cord/port, restore and try again, make sure you have the latest iTunes, try a different computer.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-10-13 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does anyone has the same problem using winterboard? After selecting theme, It change the appearance of the icons in the homescreen right? but it does not change the clock,calculator,calendar,dialer,compass etc.Need help please. I jailbreak my device using limera1n for iphone 4 4.1...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azndadnmom View Post
    Does anyone has the same problem using winterboard? After selecting theme, It change the appearance of the icons in the homescreen right? but it does not change the clock,calculator,calendar,dialer,compass etc.Need help please. I jailbreak my device using limera1n for iphone 4 4.1...
    You need a theme that's been update to work on the iPhone 4, not all of them are.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well - I restored the firmware and setup as new phone last night. Used Greenpois0n to Jailbreak and loaded up all the Cydia stuff I used with Limerain. Synced all my music, videos, apps and such to the device.

So far - everything works as it should, have had no slowdown in the speed of the phone, touchscreen or anything else, nothing crashes and SMS messages are being sent and received.

So I can deduce that it was Limerain that caused all the problems, not how I was setting up the phone (as I've been Jailbreaking since the original 2G/3G days and Limerain was the first method I've ever had problems with).

Thanks CDT for releasing a workable piece of software...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Kaospassageraren's Avatar
    Thanks

Im jailbroken With greenpois0n and my status bar get stuck in horisontal sometimes anybody Else has this problem?
    My Twitter....powderfinger76

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

I am having a problem running a few Pre-Installed Apple Apps, for instance, on a fresh normal reboot "Hold Power Button" my mail app will not run, i open the mail app it opens then closes i hit it again and does it again, sometimes 2 times then it work sometimes 8.

Also same issue with settings & maps.

also once in a while mail app freezes click on one of the unread mails to read it and it gets stuck like i clicked nothing at all. but freezes at that area till i close it and reopen a couple of times.

and may other little issues nothing big but i don;t know is it limera1n Jailbreak, is the unlock, the A4 chip the IOS 4.1 or a mixture of
    all of the above
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

I can download new apps from the app store but can no longer update existing apps from my iPad.

Used Latest version Limera1n from site to JB my 3GS 4.1 new bootrom a couple days ago. I had no issues whatsoever with actual JB process. Just ALOT of cydia apps need to be updated to run on 4.xx as some cause phone to crash. People need to really pay attention to what they are downloading before blaming it on Limera1n. Just my .02

i jailbroke my iphone 4 with os 4.1 the second day limera1n came out and had no issues other than severe battery drain.

but in the past week ive been getting increasing number of dropped calls. there was one day where i didnt get network for the entire morning. today, around 2 hours ago, the reception just straight out died. ive resetted network settings 3 times and restarted the phone twice, as well as tried to turn airplane mode on and off.. nothing works.

i guess my last option here is to restore my phone..

Quote Originally Posted by yiujun View Post
    i jailbroke my iphone 4 with os 4.1 the second day limera1n came out and had no issues other than severe battery drain.

but in the past week ive been getting increasing number of dropped calls. there was one day where i didnt get network for the entire morning. today, around 2 hours ago, the reception just straight out died. ive resetted network settings 3 times and restarted the phone twice, as well as tried to turn airplane mode on and off.. nothing works.

i guess my last option here is to restore my phone..
    Exact same thing for me. I'm pretty pissed off if this is a limera1n problem. Never experienced it before like this...
    Wifi issues too...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789