Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 176

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: limera1n BUGS SO FAR

  1. #141
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Worcester, United Kingdom
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    No - it's the second "Setup as new Phone" I'd done in a row as the previous one had caused the problem of the WiFi connection not working at all.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by WCR46 View Post
    Hope geohot's ego has swelled to the extent he wanted...
    Hope it did too because my 3GS has never been better. I'm glad he released it or a majority of people would of been stuck waiting for another jailbreak. I have yet to find an issue with my phone so far.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by WCR46 View Post
    This is seriously the biggest, most bug riddled piece of crap I've ever had the misfortune to Jailbreak a device with. Hope geohot's ego has swelled to the extent he wanted...
    I'm with you. you should seriously go back and demand all our money back. That's just unexcuseable!!!!!

    Me, I'm so freaking glad it's released and I JBed without a hitch. I upgraded to the iPhone 4 a few weeks ago with the promise from the Dev team that a JB was soon coming, only to be lead on for weeks and weeks with no update and an arrogant post that any update would be too technical for any of us to understand. Granted they are the ones that are doing the programming, but are they to think they are they only ones on earth that could understand a status update? They clearly are teh ones with the ego.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by WCR46 View Post
    Just done the clean install of 4.1, setup as new Phone, ran RC1 of Limera1n, got Cydia installed - it's gone through it's "Reorganising" bit.

    I'm now presented with this screen:



    None of the missing icons are showing in Spotlight - including Cydia.

    This is seriously the biggest, most bug riddled piece of crap I've ever had the misfortune to Jailbreak a device with. Hope geohot's ego has swelled to the extent he wanted...
    Have you tried going to settings>general>reset>reset homescreen layout? I heard it works for that problem but haven't tried it myself, let me know. The people over at engadget copped that as well. http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/09/l...h-running-ios/

    Also,have you tried the RC1b? It was updated recently from RC1 although the change log indicates its mostly iPad fixes but who knows.
    Last edited by syn0ptic; 2010-10-12 at 04:25 AM.

  5. #145
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Mine turned out perfect. The only thing I did different was restore to stock 4.1, jb with limera1n first, activated in itunes, then restored from back up. I didn't restore from back up until the end after all the limera1n stuff was done.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by sirooga View Post
    Wifi seems to be broken compeletly for me. Iphone4 IOS4.1 baseband 1.59.00. Not sure which limera1n it is...just downloaded as limera1n.exe.
    wifi is not working for me! it's not my network, i'm on the same wifi with my laptop and i WAS wath my phone.

    iphone 4
    4.1
    baseband
    rc4 of limera1n i guess. whatever just came out. a "final" version.

    seriosly egohot, why would you release something like this? it's not finished... sure it works for some people, but obviously not ALL, which is what testing figures out. don't waste your time, wait for greenpoison integration.

    if anyone else is having wifi problems quote or reply this message. this is ridiculous and undermines the credibility of the ENTIRE jailbreak community.

    also, several problems within cydia, such as words, type, not being where it should be, words covering eachother and running off the page etc... like when adding sources.

  7. #147
    it says the version in the title bar above "Make it Ra1n" once you open the exe (which are all titled limera1n.exe) just so you know how to check

  8. #148
    Livin the iPhone Life eddietah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ````
    Posts
    1,298
    Thanks
    615
    Thanked 319 Times in 222 Posts

    jailbreak my iPhone4 4.1 with limera1n so far so good no problem

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by WCR46 View Post
    Just done the clean install of 4.1, setup as new Phone, ran RC1 of Limera1n, got Cydia installed - it's gone through it's "Reorganising" bit.

    I'm now presented with this screen:



    None of the missing icons are showing in Spotlight - including Cydia.

    This is seriously the biggest, most bug riddled piece of crap I've ever had the misfortune to Jailbreak a device with. Hope geohot's ego has swelled to the extent he wanted...
    at least u get icons .. my first page is totally blank after reorganizing cydia


  10. #150
    After limera1n my gps is screwed it does not show my location. Crap.

    Accually it every app that have to do with you gps position. It not working anymore!

  11. #151
    cannot add ANY sources to cydia.

    this jb blows... fu egohot

  12. #152
    I have use beta 4 can I use rc1 with out restoring....?

  13. #153
    I'm personally waiting for GP or at the very least until a day or two goes by without geo releasing another update, they're still too frequent at the moment for my liking. Who wants to jailbreak and come back a week later to find there's been 5 new releases since all fixing various bugs and stability issues you haven't even discovered yet. Even the latest "stable" release RC1 was updated to RC1b within hours of being posted. Geo himself even pulled the release history from limera1n.com, most likely due to its increasing length. With reports of memory leaks, missing standard apps, loss of wireless radio and other major bugs some of which being persistent after a restore, who wants to risk their phone beta testing for some kid so he can prove a point to the dev team. Why save the shatter exploit? What are the chances that Apple, despite knowing all this, wont update their hardware for next-gen devices.

  14. #154
    fixed my problem .. just did another upgrade .. i didn't fully restore the phone using itunes until i ran cydia .. everything is back now

  15. #155
    it tells me it was jailbreaking the iphone 4 but notthing happens no green lime drop logo i think its not letting it to jailbreak the phone RC1 i tryed everything that i can do 10-11-10 no fix yet
    life as a bootlegger

  16. #156
    JB on 4.1. Problem is nothing works on Cydia. i install a theme, go to winterboard and nothing happens.

  17. #157
    iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tom q View Post
    JB on 4.1. Problem is nothing works on Cydia. i install a theme, go to winterboard and nothing happens.
    Everything I've installed has worked fine...

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis567 View Post
    cannot add ANY sources to cydia.

    this jb blows... fu egohot
    I had a problem like this just re done it and it was fine

    facetime works wi-fi only so its 3G unrestrictor problem
    Last edited by dtox2008; 2010-10-12 at 01:58 PM.

  19. #159
    So my GPS is also messed up...

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis567 View Post
    wifi is not working for me! it's not my network, i'm on the same wifi with my laptop and i WAS wath my phone.

    iphone 4
    4.1
    baseband
    rc4 of limera1n i guess. whatever just came out. a "final" version.

    seriosly egohot, why would you release something like this? it's not finished... sure it works for some people, but obviously not ALL, which is what testing figures out. don't waste your time, wait for greenpoison integration.

    if anyone else is having wifi problems quote or reply this message. this is ridiculous and undermines the credibility of the ENTIRE jailbreak community.

    also, several problems within cydia, such as words, type, not being where it should be, words covering eachother and running off the page etc... like when adding sources.
    Wifi also not working for me.

    iPhone 4 4.1 RC1.

    I though Cydia was down last night until I tried to open the app store and it wouldn't load. Switched over to 3G and everything started working again.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •