Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n BUGS SO FAR

Quote Originally Posted by firemed11 View Post
    My big deal was cydia. It was installed but didn't load the home screen so what is the use to be broken if you can't use it. I reloaded it 3 times and it never worked.
    I had lots of different results before I got Cydia working, but what ultimately fixed it was totally wiping the phone, restoring to clean 4.1, then using the latest limera1n

Cydia clicks with keyboard clicks turned off
    When ur in Cydia n u get a pop like undo me and ebay anything like that it won't let u type after u closed it

Quote Originally Posted by akafred View Post
    doesn't work on newboot 3gs
    sorry i dont know which version of limera1n i used (not at home to check)...but I dl'd limera1n at about 10PM EST last night, if that is any help?

using an iphone 3GS, software 4.1, i was previously jailbroken. everything works perfectly through the jb process, up until the limera1n icon appears on my screen as a white icon, not the lime drop...when i click the ap limera1n opens for about 1 second and then crashes on me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Jechi (2010-10-11)

I jailbroke my iPhone 4 but the problem is inst.allous is not being downloaded, it's giving me too many errors like "size missmatch" could someone help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jechi View Post
    I jailbroke my iPhone 4 but the problem is inst.allous is not being downloaded, it's giving me too many errors like "size missmatch" could someone help!
    Sorry no one here will help you with that. The only thing it is for is stealing apps. Talk about such things is against forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jechi View Post
    your post is removed and you're instructed to read forum rules, so you..............repost??? uhhhduh.

hello everyone,
    limera1n doesn't work for me.iphone4 4.1,

P.S:before jailbreaking i have done a restore form backup(contacts,...)from my old iphnoe 3gs jailbroken with spirit

hello everyone,
    limera1n doesn't work for me.iphone4 4.1,

P.S:before jailbreaking i have done a restore form backup(contacts,...)from my old iphnoe 3gs jailbroken with spirit
    Last edited by charbel20; 2010-10-11 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im on iphone 4 4.1 works perfect for me on Windows Vista and Windows 7 64bit...

Download Itunes latest version
    Download 4.1 software not Internet explorer Iphone 4 one. (http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/)
    Download tiny umbrella latest version
    I edited my hosts file but u prob dont need to.

Click Shift restore.
    let it do its thing. it will get stuck half way. open tiny umbrella press kick out of recovery mode. it will load up.
    download limera1n.
    hold the bottons
    release power button
    turn phone on.
    open limera1n app
    install cydia.

i have read all about the tiny unbrella stuff. i updated to 4.1 with itunes but the phone had never been broken before. i did limera1n but wasnt working right so i restored to just before that. can i still use tiny unbrella and go back on my baseband and start all over from there use tiny umbrella and do it all or am i just here.

Default to make Frash Toggle work on 4.1 ...
    To make Frash Toggle work on iOS 4.1, you have to manually install the files from the attached file to the respective folders on your iPhone (using sFTP or other manual access to the iPhone file system). Then reboot your iPhone, and then it's there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

a lot of these aren't bugs with limera1n it's just that 4.1 jailbreak came out for developers too.
    Geez, have patience people and stop jumping to silly illogical conclusions.

and anyone complaining of errors that are restoring from a backup that was also jailbroken need to have their heads examined. Restoring from a backup that was jailbroken often has issues. Always has

Quote Originally Posted by dtox2008 View Post
    Cydia clicks with keyboard clicks turned off
    When ur in Cydia n u get a pop like undo me and ebay anything like that it won't let u type after u closed it
    cydia keyboard always clicks. Has for years.
    the pop ups I'm not sure about. Could be activator or something conflicting.
    jailbreak is new for developers too things will get sorted out.

----------------

I've got no issues with MMS. sent received to an att iphone, vzw phone and sent one to email. No errors or missing mms.
    Last edited by rest_easy; 2010-10-11 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Model: iPhone 3GS 16Gb - New Bootrom (bought in May 2010)
    Limera1n Version: Beta 4.
    OS Version: Windows 7 32bit Ultimate

I've had a mixed experience with Limera1n since running it last night.

Phone locks up completely when moving between tracks in the iPod App - resulting in me having to do the old "Hold down Home and Power until it power cycles" trick.

It also locks up completely when you get the SMS pop-up whilst listening to music.

Also noticed that at some points the touchscreen is either very laggy to respond or it doesn't respond at all.

When I first synced all my music back onto the device (installing Apps and Cydia stuff went without problems) - I was having all sorts of issues. Mainly getting the following errors in iTunes popup halfway through the music syncing procedure:

"The phone [my iPhone's name] cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (13014)."

And more worryingly:

"The iPhone cannot be synced. The required disk cannot be found."
    After iTunes attempts to sync again I get a different message that said
    "The iPhone cannot be synced. An error occurred while writing to the device."

Eventually after a couple of tries it seemed to have gone through ok.

Finally - it's extremely slow to reboot (the time it takes to go into the full operational mode from the Apple Logo appearing can be 3 or 4 minutes at times).

I'm going to do a Full Rebuild (reload 4.1) then JB using the new RC version of Limera1n. Will report back with findings soon enough.

Can I reapply the rc version over beta 2?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexkapi12 View Post
    Can I reapply the rc version over beta 2?
    Nope, I've tried. It just stays on the "Connect To iTunes" logo, and you have to force reboot to get out.

So I'm finally noticing issues on my iPhone 3GS new bootrom- any one else having an issue with the available memory going down and up? I installed SBSettings and I keep noticing the "available memory" keeps jumping all around.

Quote Originally Posted by KBI2113 View Post
    So I'm finally noticing issues on my iPhone 3GS new bootrom- any one else having an issue with the available memory going down and up? I installed SBSettings and I keep noticing the "available memory" keeps jumping all around.
    I checked cydia and it says I still have plenty of space, so I don't know what SBSettings is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by 5h4d0w View Post
    Nope, I've tried. It just stays on the "Connect To iTunes" logo, and you have to force reboot to get out.
    Thanks for confirming it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just done the clean install of 4.1, setup as new Phone, ran RC1 of Limera1n, got Cydia installed - it's gone through it's "Reorganising" bit.

I'm now presented with this screen:

None of the missing icons are showing in Spotlight - including Cydia.

This is seriously the biggest, most bug riddled piece of crap I've ever had the misfortune to Jailbreak a device with. Hope geohot's ego has swelled to the extent he wanted...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast