Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n BUGS SO FAR

Quote Originally Posted by Brinky View Post
    Are you using vm ware to run limera1n? Never could get it to work on VW mare. Had to use a real windows box.
    Yesss this could be the cause?! Suppose ill have to wait for a mac release!
    Last edited by Mattray114; 2010-10-10 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Quoting Brinky

Used XP to JB my 4.1 on iPhone 4. No problems. And running iTunes version prior to the newest. Don't know the numbers. No problems at all. Using winterboard, MY3G, and have a few themes. Not a single problem.

Can anyone clearly explained what happened with Limera1n and greenpois0n Limera1n released because he wanted Dev to do the right thing, Which is what???

Default iPhone 4 Unlocked on 4.1 for T-Mobile
    After saving Baseband of 4.0.1 through Tiny Umbrella and updating to 4.1. I used LimeRain to jailbreak my iPhone 4. Because the baseband was kept on 01.59.00 through Tiny Umbrella I was able to use Ultrasn0w to unlock for T-Mobile.

Everything works fine except three main issues:

1) SMS Stock Messaging does not work, it force closes upon opening. I updated BiteSMS to the beta5.0 which now allows me to use BiteSMS for all text messaging.

2) MMS does not work. It did previously work on 4.0.1 with LEI Mobile's T-Mobile MMS Fix package.

3) Intermittent issue of "Sim Not Valid" - I had to restart my device a few times to get my T-Mobile SIM to be recognized. But now it is running 4.1 unlocked and jailbroken just fine on T-Mobile.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    For everyone saying that the limera1n icon is not even appearing. I found on mac rumors saying to run the jailbreak with Itunes running still. That worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chad daddy View Post
    Can anyone clearly explained what happened with Limera1n and greenpois0n Limera1n released because he wanted Dev to do the right thing, Which is what???
    Seems like chronic team was using one bootrom exploit that was to be released in greenpois0n that wasnt able to be utilized on all idevices. At the time of the eta announcement from the team geo popped up saying he had a different exploit to use and was going to release the day after the dev team. At the time geo and comex were speaking to each other and comex gave the untethered part of the JB to geo under the promise of not releasing to the world. Geo went ahead and did it anyway, ahead of the dev team, seemingly to expose his exploit to the world before the dev team released theres. Now the dev team has to choose wether they release there own exploit making the info freely available to apple as well to patch up, or to redo greenpois0n w/ geo's exploit. Doesnt make sence to expose both exploits when the 2nd one could possibly go unnoticed by apple and utilized on the next generation of idevices. Geo essentially forced the dev teams hand by making sure his exploit was already released to the world and dev teams was/is still hopefully unknown. It makes sence that geo's would be used as his covers all the idevices, but it was done in a horrendous way.

Quote Originally Posted by jphlips View Post
    Seems like chronic team was using one bootrom exploit that was to be released in greenpois0n that wasnt able to be utilized on all idevices. At the time of the eta announcement from the team geo popped up saying he had a different exploit to use and was going to release the day after the dev team. At the time geo and comex were speaking to each other and comex gave the untethered part of the JB to geo under the promise of not releasing to the world. Geo went ahead and did it anyway, ahead of the dev team, seemingly to expose his exploit to the world before the dev team released theres. Now the dev team has to choose wether they release there own exploit making the info freely available to apple as well to patch up, or to redo greenpois0n w/ geo's exploit. Doesnt make sence to expose both exploits when the 2nd one could possibly go unnoticed by apple and utilized on the next generation of idevices. Geo essentially forced the dev teams hand by making sure his exploit was already released to the world and dev teams was/is still hopefully unknown. It makes sence that geo's would be used as his covers all the idevices, but it was done in a horrendous way.
    I get it, but some things don't add up. These are two bootrom exploits, so won't they both be obsolete with the coming of new idevices? Apple will surely not use the same processor in the iPhone 5. Also, now that there has been this huge battle, Apple must be aware that there is another bootrom exploit attached to the current chip. That being the case, whether it's released or not, wouldn't they be wise to just update the hardware anyway. Assuming they would update it only if the exploit was actually released as opposed to if they know about the exploit does not make sense to me. I mean, the cat's out of the bag either way. The only way it could have been avoided is if there hadn't been all this open discussion (debate) about these two distinct bootrom exploits.

Ok am on beta 4 mms not working and cydia has like no apps on it. I think so far this a waste of my time come on guys fix it.

getting error when trying to update cydia cached failure any ideas
    everything is failed to fetch
    Last edited by firemed11; 2010-10-10 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok so how can apple only get the bootrom if it is released today?

cydia isnt loading at all now sits in loading stage and then finally says network is offline

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by firemed11 View Post
    Ok am on beta 4 mms not working and cydia has like no apps on it. I think so far this a waste of my time come on guys fix it.

getting error when trying to update cydia cached failure any ideas
    everything is failed to fetch
    I dont think limera1n supports the beta iOS. That was on the limera1n page at one time, but I don't see it there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinky View Post
    I dont think limera1n supports the beta iOS. That was on the limera1n page at one time, but I don't see it there anymore.
    I think he means that he's on beta 4 of limera1n.

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Sbs not working well. I cant change theme and move rows is for nothing

Iphone 4 ios4.1

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

I have iphone 4 4.1 limera1n beta 4 jailbroken and mywi 4.0 is not working...is it a 4.1 issue?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

Is Cydia loading insanely slow for anyone else?

Default Ipad
    Hey guys

1st things first, keep the chronic Dev, Dev Team, Comex, GeoHot drama/rumor stuff on another thread. This is for bugs.
    Mods can I get a (true that)

2nd. For Ipad 3.2.2 Plug in Ipad. Dont start Itunes ( or close it after it auto opens.)
    Start Lime Rain It should say waiting for device.
    Now start Itunes.
    When it puts ipad into recovery, Click OK in itunes for the little message about being in recovery mode.
    Go back to LimeRa1n and follow for DFU,
    Click ok In Itunes again.

Turn ipad on, turn ipad off.

Click lime rain. check Cydia and then upper left click install.

Turn ipad off. Turn ipad on.

click cydia.

Let it do its thing. Reboot.
    Click cydia again.

Done.

video app keep crashing after limerain im running on 4.1 on ipt4g

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't install display recorder. It says there is a conflict between it and literally every package I've installed through Cydia. It's also saying I need to be above firmware 3.0 (I'm on 4.1) and need a more recent version of Activator. (I have the most recent one...)
    Don't get it. Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

F
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooverz View Post
    Facebreak/My3G/3Gunrestrictor are NOT working on FaceTime under io4 4.1 Iphone 4

I don't know if this is jailbreak or 4.1 related....
    Installed Facebreak on both my and my wife's iphone 4, both on 4.1, both work fine. Then removed Facebreak on my phone and installed 3G unrestrictor on my phone, FaceTime still works. Just make sure you have wifi turned on. When it was off, FaceTime didn't work on either phone.

Mywi4.0 also works just fine for me.

Oh and the issues with cydia are likely do to it being completely swamped, as it worked fine yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by jadelover123 View Post
    I have iphone 4 4.1 limera1n beta 4 jailbroken and mywi 4.0 is not working...is it a 4.1 issue?
    Mywi is working for me 4.1 Iphone 4 JB

the problem that I have it I open cydia
    I try and add that bitesms source and I get this error

Error: Refreshing Data
    The method driver
    /usr/lib/apt/methods/Http could not be found

The method driver
    /usr/lib/apt/methods/Http could not be found

any fix pleaseeeeeeee... I tried that ifile thing and delete the deb with the urls no joy

thanks

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast