Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n or Greenpoison

Default limera1n or Greenpoison
    Which one works for you?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Considering GP isn't out yet, I'm not sure

I will start this out. Limera1n worked great for me. I dont need an unlock, just a jailbreak. Flame me if you want, but I think the chronic dev team has had greenpoison ready for quite some time. They wanted to make a big production on a specific date.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Considering GP isn't out yet, I'm not sure

why are you posting yet then...LOL
    Last edited by SOSDD; 2010-10-10 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by SOSDD View Post
    I will start this out. Limera1n worked great for me. I dont need an unlock, just a jailbreak. Flame me if you want, but I think the chronic dev team has had greenpoison ready for quite some time. They wanted to make a big production on a specific date.

why are you posting yet then...LOL
    Because he wants to inform the OP that nobody (But Chronic) can answer his question... LOL!

Whatever
    Really? What's with the attitude? The OP asked "Which one works for you?". He didn't ask "Which one will you use?". Technically NO ONE can answer the question he asked, except people on the devteam. Because NO ONE has used greenp0ison yet. I don't see why you're giving off that little attitude when all they did was point that out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to issues636 For This Useful Post:

i.Annie (2010-10-10)

Both jailbreaks do the same thing. I Used limera1n and it worked fine.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Why am I posting? Why are you? You haven't had a chance to use GP either. I can't go into a thread and strike up a response of my own opinion?

I have yet to try Limera1n and I'm considering taking risks of some "bugginess" to have a jb iPhone 4. But I guess I'm not allowed to post in threads regarding something I haven't had a chance to try yet huh?

It's really quite obvious that nobody here as an end user can answer the question "which one works for you" considering only one of them is out. So obviously only the one that is released is working for end users. That was my response to the question. And no sh*t the devs had already had this jb. They just take time to release cuz they test and test and test to make sure everything is working and safe for us.

GeoHotz pushes jb out and they're minimally tested and potentially harmful and half the time dev team has to come and fix it up for him. Yes it's mostly his work but they have to clean it up. Nobody would wanna flame you for your ignorance if you weren't so obnoxious.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-10 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't agree with the last part of your post, but the majority of it stands true. Other than minor glitches how are Geo's releases harmful? And how are the dev teams fixing his flaws? He releases his own RCs AND he is usually one step ahead of others everytime he releases.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I said potentially. I enjoy GeoHotz work, he just releases things that aren't well tested (ie the bugs in Limera1n). I like his work when it gets all fixed up. I'm not saying the dev team has to make it all good, it's just they have to make adjustments to make it more stable and less buggy. At least that's what some of the devs say, I guess they're just pissed at Geo's move. I'm not too sure on what's up all I know is it's buggy but it isn't a huge deal.

Whatever
    UmAdBrO? Seriously, don't act like a smartass to somebody who probably knows a lot more than you do when you are asking a question that nobody can answer.