Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella (TSS method) + Limera1in = unlock?

Default TinyUmbrella (TSS method) + Limera1in = unlock?
    everywhere i looked people are saying this is for the legit carriers ... do not update to 4.1 if you wish to have your unlock .... but then again ,

" if you updated to 4.1 using tinyumbrella while preserving your baseband to 1.59.00 , which i know is supported by the latest Ultrasn0w , doesn't that by theory mean that you can work on jailbreaking with limera1n and then installing cydia and installing ultrasn0w for the unlock ??"

can anyone confirm this ?

thanks !

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

In theory Yes, in practical , may or maybe not
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-10-10 at 05:50 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

balboula_85 (2010-10-11)

This is exactly what I did. Ultrasn0w seemed to install correctly. However, I don't have a cut sim from another provider to see if it actually worked. I just unlocked it for international travel.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldfishTX For This Useful Post:

balboula_85 (2010-10-11)

Yes it works

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shogun20 For This Useful Post:

balboula_85 (2010-10-11)

i can confirm , it works , altho it fucks up ( doesn't detect sim) when you power off/on your phone sometimes , you'll have to power off and power back on , for it to work

Quote Originally Posted by balboula_85 View Post
    i can confirm , it works , altho it fucks up ( doesn't detect sim) when you power off/on your phone sometimes , you'll have to power off and power back on , for it to work
    This happens on older firmware as well - When I was traveling overseas a couple weeks ago it was pot luck every time I had to turn off my phone on if it would come back unlocked or not.