Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 135

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: limera1n RELEASED TODAY!!

  1. #81
    limera1n rocks....the CHRONIC dev team got pwned

  2. #82

  3. #83
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 55 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SOSDD View Post
    limera1n rocks....the CHRONIC dev team got pwned
    Come dude. Chronic Dev worked hard in their jb and geohot screwed them over. No need to be an idiot about it....
    If I helped please head on over and smash the Thanks button.

    My Personal Cydia source: apt.finalbillybong.com

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSDD View Post
    limera1n rocks....the CHRONIC dev team got pwned
    If it was polished and bug-free then I might agree with you. Unfortunately, it is neither and we haven't seen Chronic's release. It may be a considerably more thought out implementation of its exploit. This isn't a race, or at least it shouldn't be.

  5. #85
    im also not getting limerain appear on my phone, iphone 3gs on 4.1

    not getting the limedrop when its supposed to be executing the exploit

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
    Same here. I have an iphone 4 that shipped with 4.0.1 that was updated to 4.1. Limera1n says done and successful but there is no Limera1n icon on the spring board.


    I'm on a Mac running boot camp. Is that the problem?
    are you using an official cable? im using a dock, woner if its that?
    Last edited by teeach; 2010-10-10 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #86
    iPhoneaholic patoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bellyfrog View Post
    To find your bootrom, use f0recast from iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    thanks....

    baseband 05.14.02
    bootloader 6.4
    model MB715

    so does this mean i'm on new or old bootrom?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty42 View Post
    Ok, so Cydia keeps telling me there are essential updates, but when I go to update the Base Structure there's a warning that the operation it's removing packages required for continued operation of either Cydia or iPhoneS and if I continue, I may not be ableto use cydi to repair any damages?

    EDIT: NM, I went for it anyway, I'm just too excited to finally have my iphone4 JBed since I upgraded from my 3GS and it already had 4.0.2.
    So did you run into any issues after upgrading? I have run into the "This operation involves the removal of one or more packages that are required for the continued operation of either Cydia or iPhoneOS" error, its for both cydia uikit tools and base structures...
    Last edited by FliP76; 2010-10-10 at 02:21 AM.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post

    I'm on a Mac running boot camp. Is that the problem?
    I ran the unlock on Windows 7 through boot camp with no problems.

  9. #89
    iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts

    Jailbroke my iPhone 4 on 4.1 in Windows on Boot Camp. Worked perfectly.

    Now to wait for either limera1n or GP to release/update with 4.2 beta support my iPad will be happy

  10. #90
    3GS 4.1
    05.14.02

    tried with cable on XP - no icons after reboots though :/

  11. #91
    Ipod 2G MC model doesnt work
    2x Iphone 4s working perfectly oooo YES...

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    thanks....

    baseband 05.14.02
    bootloader 6.4
    model MB715

    so does this mean i'm on new or old bootrom?
    Whoops, sorry not f0recast. iDetector. My bad.

  13. #93
    only bug I got is that Limerain icon wont go away after refreshing on both the phones... after pessing the red button

  14. #94
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i wana update to 4.1 but then its the effort of getting all my stuff from cydia back on the phone and putting everything back in its place

  15. #95
    Can someone clarify the process. Mines a 3GS (new bootrom) and already JB on 4.01 which works fine and also have an unlock which I don't need atm but often use when on holiday in order to use local sims for lower calls/data charges.

    I've been waiting to goto 4.1 mainly for the AD2P bluetooth fixes so it'll stream better in car and happy that limera1n is here cos I only realised yesterday that Greenpoisen wasn't going to work on mine.

    So the questions

    1) As I'm already JB with jailbreakme, do I first have to install a stock 4.1 via itunes then run limera1n?
    2) If I do the above will my 3GS bootrom be upgraded and loose my ultrasn0w unlock or is this inability to unlock only apply to newer 4GS phones as I'm a little confused if bootrom is a physical chip or firmware which can and will be upgraded if I put stock 4.1 on my 3GS?
    Last edited by Moi1970; 2010-10-10 at 02:47 AM.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi1970 View Post
    Can someone clarify the process. Mines a 3GS (new bootrom) and already JB on 4.01 which works fine and also have an unlock which I don't need atm but often use when on holiday in order to use local sims for lower calls/data charges.

    I've been waiting to goto 4.1 mainly for the AD2P bluetooth fixes so it'll stream better in car and happy that limera1n is here cos I only realised yesterday that Greenpoisen wasn't going to work on mine.

    So the questions

    1) As I'm already JB with jailbreakme, do I first have to install a stock 4.1 via itunes then run limera1n?
    2) If I do the above will my 3GS bootrom be upgraded and loose my ultrasn0w unlock or does this inability to unlock only apply to newer 4GS phones?
    There is a way to update to 4.1 using TinyUmbrella which preserves your baseband, but this might be for iPhone 4 only. I'm sure someone else can tell you.

    Also limera1n doesn't work for 3GS new bootrom at present.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by bellyfrog View Post
    There is a way to update to 4.1 using TinyUmbrella which preserves your baseband, but this might be for iPhone 4 only. I'm sure someone else can tell you.

    Also limera1n doesn't work for 3GS new bootrom at present.
    who said it doesnt work on 3gs with new bootrom?

    mine is not working and have been looking for info

  18. #98
    says on the site - known bugs
    3GS new bootrom is broken, fix pending

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to dtox2008 For This Useful Post:

    teeach (2010-10-10)

  20. #99
    ah just noticed, that wasnt there earlier was it?

  21. #100
    only bug I can see is that Icon doesnt go away cant uninstall it. going to do another restore and have a look...

    Will still use greenposion as at least that will be more stable and alot of effert went in it..

    Come on support Ipod 2G MC model please

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •