Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n RELEASED TODAY!!

limera1n claims it was successful but I haven't received a limera1n or Cydia icon after five restarts so far. Anyone in the same situation?

e: iphone 4 / 4.1
    Last edited by adm; 2010-10-10 at 12:34 AM. Reason: specs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aowzone View Post
    why wouldn't you use jailbreakme.com on 4.0.1?
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

Waiting for my XP virtual machine restore to finish so I can try limera1n on my Macbook.
    Last edited by Brinky; 2010-10-10 at 12:32 AM. Reason: can't type/spell

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't get rid of the limera1n icon after I install cydia... ?
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aowzone View Post
    why wouldn't you use jailbreakme.com on 4.0.1?
    I did use jailbreakme.com for 4.01 to jb but from my understanding this will let me keep my jailbreak for 4.1 i found a video on youtube if anyone else wants to see how they do it. I think ill just stick to 4.0.1 until i see more reviews and what not of the stablenes and an official announcement on the front page of mmi. I just figured if theres an update and i can keep my jb i might as well get it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rDZmGTq4Kc]YouTube - NEW Limera1n Jailbreak 4.1 Firmware On iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4 & iPad[/ame]
    Last edited by chrisw05; 2010-10-10 at 12:41 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw05 View Post
    So im a little lost here, Im still running 4.0.1 on my iphone4 do i need to upgrade to 4.1 before this works? I went through the process and it says that it was sucessfull but i keep hearing of the limerain icon or something witch i am not seeing on the SB
    Edit: I also jailbroken through jailbreakme.com first. And from my understanding i am able to upgrade to other future firmwares after this without loosing my jb? Just wanna make sure before i go do something. Also i am curious what tethered and untethered means! I been away from the iphone scence for awhile so i need to catch back up on this stuff...
    Most importantly, you can't upgrade without loosing your jailbreak. I /think/ something like this coming in the future but right now upgrade = loose jailbreak.

A tethered jailbreak means the iDevice needs to be connected to a computer and re-jailbroken every time it needs to boot. An untethered jailbreak does not have that issue and can be rebooted without the help of a computer.
    If I helped please head on over and smash the Thanks button.

My Personal Cydia source: apt.finalbillybong.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FinalBillybong For This Useful Post:

chrisw05 (2010-10-10)

Thanks

limerain did it for me no probs, jailbroken i4 on 4.1 rebooted when limerain had done it's stuff, when the i4 restarted the limerain icon was there, made sure the wifi was switched on installed cydia through limerain rebooted again cydia icon was there, very painless.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hmm doesn't work on a Mac with Windows running in VMware Fusion -

limera1n says it's done (tried it 3 times now) but even after normal reboot or hard reboot no limera1n icon or cydia icon.

using an not jailbroken iphone4 fw4.0.2

anyone with an advice? need ultrasn0w tomorrow evening..

thanks!

Didnt work for me. im using a ip4 with 4.1. rebooted about 3 times still no cydia.

you need to click the limerain icon to install cydia?

Alright, so, since limera1n isn't clear, be sure to continue holding the Home button until you see the limera1n drop on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by moneybanks14 View Post
    you need to click the limerain icon to install cydia?
    You're right. that worked. They should tell u that u need to do that. but either way im happy. One weird thing tho, my Cydia and limera1n icons are both blank/all white. I can still click on it like normal but its all white. anyone else have that?

Ok, so Cydia keeps telling me there are essential updates, but when I go to update the Base Structure there's a warning that the operation it's removing packages required for continued operation of either Cydia or iPhoneS and if I continue, I may not be ableto use cydi to repair any damages?

EDIT: NM, I went for it anyway, I'm just too excited to finally have my iphone4 JBed since I upgraded from my 3GS and it already had 4.0.2.
    Last edited by Crafty42; 2010-10-10 at 01:16 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Alright, so, since limera1n isn't clear, be sure to continue holding the Home button until you see the limera1n drop on the screen.
    didn't work either - now my iphone is reloading hundreds of emails -.-
    still no cydia or limedrop

Quote Originally Posted by stellan0r View Post
    didn't work either - now my iphone is reloading hundreds of emails -.-
    still no cydia or limedrop
    Is your iTunes open? It needs to be from what I can tell.

Sounds like a fantastic, fully functional release

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes it is open. tried it first without itunes, but it is starting on its own if i don't run it

according to limera1n it should work. but it does not..

Upgraded from 4.0.1 to 4.1 on my iphone4 using tiny umbrella and then switched over to windows 7 for limera1n. Installed and restored with pkgbackup. Everything seems to be working ok except for the Uninstall Limera1n function (which appears to be a known issue). It would have been nice to have more testing done before the release, but it does work.

Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    limera1n claims it was successful but I haven't received a limera1n or Cydia icon after five restarts so far. Anyone in the same situation?

e: iphone 4 / 4.1
    Same here. I have an iphone 4 that shipped with 4.0.1 that was updated to 4.1. Limera1n says done and successful but there is no Limera1n icon on the spring board.

Quote Originally Posted by stellan0r View Post
    hmm doesn't work on a Mac with Windows running in VMware Fusion -

limera1n says it's done (tried it 3 times now) but even after normal reboot or hard reboot no limera1n icon or cydia icon.

using an not jailbroken iphone4 fw4.0.2

anyone with an advice? need ultrasn0w tomorrow evening..

thanks!
    I'm on a Mac running boot camp. Is that the problem?
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 2010-10-10 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked fine on iP4 4.1 using XP. Had a white limera1n icon which went to normal after reboot. "Remove Background" Addon in SBSettings not working, just crashes to Safe mode.
    Last edited by soulghost; 2010-10-10 at 01:56 AM.

Thanks

how do u find your bootrom??

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast