Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you update the 3G S to 4.0/4.0.1 without going to 4.1?

Default Can you update the 3G S to 4.0/4.0.1 without going to 4.1?
    Hey guys, this is my first post here so I apologize if I'm in the wrong section or something. Alright so here's my predicament: I currently own an iPhone 3G S running on 3.1.3. I do have my 3.1.3 SHSH blobs saved on Cydia (Not sure what that means exactly, but I've successfully downgraded from 4.1 to 3.1.3 so I assume they're somewhere on there).I have the new bootrom. Is there any way possible for me to update to 4.0 or 4.0.1 without going all the way to 4.1 which I'm pretty sure can't be jailbroken at this time?
    Thanks!

Well, you can go to 4.0/4.0.1 if you have SHSH blobs saved for those firmwares. If you managed to downgrade to 3.1.3 you *probably* do have these saved. Check with TinyUmbrella.

Otherwise, a 4.1 jailbreak is coming out in approximately 1 day fingers crossed, limera1n should drop tomorrow (monday).

I'm assuming you don't need an unlock, as if the phone has already been on 4.1 you're now stuck on the new baseband.

Quote Originally Posted by bellyfrog View Post
    Well, you can go to 4.0/4.0.1 if you have SHSH blobs saved for those firmwares. If you managed to downgrade to 3.1.3 you *probably* do have these saved. Check with TinyUmbrella.

Otherwise, a 4.1 jailbreak is coming out in approximately 1 day fingers crossed, limera1n should drop tomorrow (monday).

I'm assuming you don't need an unlock, as if the phone has already been on 4.1 you're now stuck on the new baseband.
    Is the 4.1 Jailbreak you're talking about Greenpois0n? I heard that only supported iPhone 4. And yeah, I don't have the SHSH on 4.0/4.0.1 because I've never been on either of those firmwares. I stayed on 3.1.3 and went straight to 4.1, then back. You're right, I don't need an unlock though. Thanks for the quick response!

No I'm talking about limera1n. That is coming very soon and works for 3GS/3G also.

It doesn't matter if you've never been on 4.0/4.0.1, Cydia still saves your SHSH blobs for those firmwares if you were jailbroken during the period Apple was signing those SHSH's. So you probably do have them. Just open Cydia and see what it says at the top of the screen, or use TinyUmbrella to check

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bellyfrog For This Useful Post:

etc0x (2010-10-10)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jimilee For This Useful Post:

etc0x (2010-10-10)

Thanks you both very much, I was completely unaware of the fact that Cydia saved your SHSH blobs even if you are not on the firmware! I'm restoring with TinyUmbrella at the moment, fingers crossed!
    EDIT: Worked perfectly! Thanks a ton!
    Last edited by etc0x; 2010-10-09 at 11:58 PM.