Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! iPad sim in iPhone almost out of data

Default Help! iPad sim in iPhone almost out of data
    So I managed to get the iPad sim working in my iPhone, but now I have run thru the 2gb in 10 days. (note to self: start using wifi at home and work). Anyway, I got a 20% left warning from at and t and I have no way to increase it.

Good news is I have a non 3G iPad which I can use the web browser of. Any of you good folks know how I could buy another 1gb for my account so it doesn't go dry for 17 days?

you wont run out of internet. ATT or whoever you have will just charge the hell out of you for going over your limit

But is there any way to buy another gb without having a 3g ipad? I'm thinking there most be some way thru a web browser on the wifi ipad ?

I haven't heard of any other way but it does seem possible..just borrow a friends iPad if u can

i think an extra gb of data is like 10 bucks, to get it, just go over your limit and you auto buy it

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    i think an extra gb of data is like 10 bucks, to get it, just go over your limit and you auto buy it
    That's what I was thinking..but u said above that they would charge the hell out of u if u didn't buy it manually. It makes sense for it to be auto-bought though, check with AT&T to make sure

i never said anything about it manually

for me personally, i think charging 10 bucks extra is a lot when your base charge is 15 a month

Yea I agree, but I mean u can't blame them, they have too many people using too much data and slowing it down for everyone else. I'm pretty sure verizon also recently ended their unlimited data plans.