Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shift + Restore gives me error 14?

Default Shift + Restore gives me error 14?
    So i am in the process of upgrading my jailbroken 3.1.3 3G iphone to a 4.0.1 jailbroken version.. I was given these instructions found on this other thread in the top post:

Apple, iPhone & iPad Forums | ModMyi.com

I was able to get as far as using redsn0w to jailbreak it, made my custom firmware with sn0wbreeze, but when it comes to do the Shift + Restore iTunes is giving me an "unknown error 14".

It was suggested that i download a program called iREB (I think thats what it was called) meant to bypass anything preventing me from restoring with the custom firmware- I used the program which put my phone into recovery mode and it had a custom image on my phone saying that i could now download my custom firmware to my phone.

What's the 14 error, what am i doing wrong?
    I am on a Windows Vista,running 9.2.0.61 on iTunes.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Then are you able to retore the custom firmware ? OR you are still stuck at error 14, try using kick out of recovery from the feature of tiny umbrella.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

If those don't work try to download the original firmware from another source. It may be bad.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

If all fails, then i will give you another method.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

birdtail (2010-10-07)

I can restore using shirt+restore back to 3.1.3 but then i have to jailbreaj with redsn0w and start the process over.. i did it 3 times last night before i gave up and went to sleep.

I have tried to restore the sn0wbreeze firmware and also the original 4.0.1 firmware with no luck with either of them. I get error 14 for the sn0wbreeze and the original 4.0.1, but i can restore normally back to 3.1.3 (but thats not what i want, haha)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

All those while using the same firmware you downloaded or did you redownload it?

http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads/f...g-4-0-1-32971/
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

When you restore to 3.1.3, you will definitely get error 1015, just use kick out of recovery, then you will be at emergency screen and use redsn0w 0.9.4
    Once that is done, run ireb 4.1 , Online mode, and then do the Shift + restore to snowbreez_4.1.ipsw.

When i restored to 3.1.3 i didnt get that 1015 error, it restored just like "normal" and there were no problems.. When i re-tried it, after it restored i used redsn0w to jailbreak it again and went from there..

"run ireb 4.1 , Online mode, and then do the Shift + restore to snowbreez_4.1.ipsw."

I did this, still get the error. Is it because my iTunes isnt the newest one?

Edit: what is the "other method" to try? Will the 2nd method work just as well as the first? Im about ready to chuck it out the window, ive been at this for hours D:
    Last edited by birdtail; 2010-10-07 at 05:27 AM.