Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me jailbreak my iPhone PLEASE!!

Default Help me jailbreak my iPhone PLEASE!!
    Hey Guys!! I recently bought a used iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 and I really need help jailbreaking it! The reason why I'm trying to jailbreak it is because I need to unlock the iPhone to use on T-Mobile. I believe I need to jailbreak in order to unlock it, but if I'm wrong please let me know!

I know this is an old firmware, so would you guys recommend upgrading to a newer firmware? IF so, how would I upgrade to a specific firmware instead of the newest one provided on iTunes? But in the end, I don't mind keeping it at 3.1.3 either.

I tried jailbreaking my iPhone from spiritjb.com but when I try to add source on Cydia, it wouldn't work. Is it because I used iTunes version higher than 9.2? Later I deleted my iTunes to download the 9.1 version, but it wouldn't install maybe because I previously installed the newest iTunes. I tried to get rid of all the iTunes files but one of them wouldn't get deleted.

I'm really stuck here and have no idea how to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS.. The firmware is 3.1.3 and model is MC135LL. If you need to know anything else about my iPhone, please ask and I'll answer ASAP.

Please help me jailbreak/unlock my iPhone. Thanks for your help in advance and I appreciate every second of your time!

Thanks

What is your baseband? Go to Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware. If it's 5.14.02, chances are you're out of luck and won't be able to unlock (jailbreak will still be possible). If not, then you can unlock through ultrasn0w (add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia).

Do not update your iPhone to 4.1 through iTunes or else your baseband will be upgraded and you won't be able to unlock for awhile.
    Last edited by dotFIVE; 2010-10-04 at 11:43 PM.

Woot! My baseband is 05.12.01! Is this unlockable?

When I try to add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia this pops up:

Did not find repository
    The indicated repository could not be found. This could be because you are trying to add legacy installer repository(these are not supported). Also, this interface is only capable of working with exact repository URLs. If you host a repository and are having issues please contact the author of Cydia with any questions you have.
    Last edited by Skitsofrenic; 2010-10-04 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well if you have Cydia on the phone it's already Jailbroken.

Have you tried searching for ultrasn0w in Cydia? Just click search at the bottom and type ultrasn0w, then install/confirm if it's there.

If Cydia asks you to perform essential upgrades, do it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skitsofrenic View Post
    Woot! My baseband is 05.12.01! Is this unlockable?

When I try to add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia this pops up:

Did not find repository
    The indicated repository could not be found. This could be because you are trying to add legacy installer repository(these are not supported). Also, this interface is only capable of working with exact repository URLs. If you host a repository and are having issues please contact the author of Cydia with any questions you have.
    Yes, it's unlockable! Same baseband as me, so if I'm unlocked then you can be too.

Well it might be added automatically for you, like it was on mine. repo666.ultrasn0w.com is the right repo. Just search for ultrasn0w and then install it and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by dotFIVE; 2010-10-05 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks for the help guys! Apparently, I needed to be connected to internet on the iPhone to do this.. And I spent like 3 hours trying to do this without connecting to the internet Q_Q

Now I need to unlock my iPhone ^^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skitsofrenic View Post
    Thanks for the help guys! Apparently, I needed to be connected to internet on the iPhone to do this.. And I spent like 3 hours trying to do this without connecting to the internet Q_Q

Now I need to unlock my iPhone ^^
    Hah, yeah... internet is among the key elements needed for this to work. Let us know if it all goes smoothly.