Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help Me

Default Please Help Me
    I Downloaded ibrickr so many times and deleted it to make it work and its not working. when i run ibrickr, it will not connect to the phone. it just hangs there

info about the phone. purchase date 9/27/07
    firmware, i have no idea which one it is, dont know how to check
    itunes, same thing, dont know how to check
    when you turn phone on, it says activate iphone, connect to itunes
    how the hell do you unlock this phone, there are so many apps but nothing is working on my please help me someone
    one more thing, ibrickr version is the 0.8

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

wow...youre in for a very complicated mess. Unless youre willing to sign up with ATT. But if you want to SIM unlock so that you can use any other services besides ATT then...you would have to do these steps below, and they are not that easy according from what you wrote.

Let me generalize for you.

1 Download Itunes version 7.3.2.6 and install on your computer.
    2 Download iBrickr and jailbreak your phone.
    3 Download iUnlock (within this, there is a lockdownd file that you can bypass the activation step on the iphone)
    4 Download PuTTy or SSH Terminal in order to run iUnlock
    5 Modding your phone..ie, sounds, themes, 3rd party apps...

All of these steps take time. The good thing about these steps is that all the directions of each of these steps are on this site. Search around a bit and read them carefully...soon after, you will understand how they work. You will run into problems, but fixes are on here also.

Do spend time to read..and read...and read...Start out with the WIKI Guides.

Best of luck to you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

On your phone go to Preferences/Setting -> General -> About ...what's it say under version number?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    On your phone go to Preferences/Setting -> General -> About ...what's it say under version number?
    He can't even get thru the activation page yet. How could he check for anything?

i cant see that far. when i turn the phone on its the welcome screen to activate the phone. it wont let me do anything except activate it through itunes or dial an emergency call. when i run ibrickr version 0.8, it says wait momentarily while we connect to your phone but it never does, what do i do

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    wow...youre in for a very complicated mess. Unless youre willing to sign up with ATT. But if you want to SIM unlock so that you can use any other services besides ATT then...you would have to do these steps below, and they are not that easy according from what you wrote.

Let me generalize for you.

1 Download Itunes version 7.3.2.6 and install on your computer.
    2 Download iBrickr and jailbreak your phone.
    3 Download iUnlock (within this, there is a lockdownd file that you can bypass the activation step on the iphone)
    4 Download PuTTy or SSH Terminal in order to run iUnlock
    5 Modding your phone..ie, sounds, themes, 3rd party apps...

All of these steps take time. The good thing about these steps is that all the directions of each of these steps are on this site. Search around a bit and read them carefully...soon after, you will understand how they work. You will run into problems, but fixes are on here also.

Do spend time to read..and read...and read...Start out with the WIKI Guides.

Best of luck to you.
    do you have any links? for all those, i know i could google them but there are so many sites that dont work. i'm sorry to ask for your help but i'm jammed up here and we all know how it feels sucks so bad

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

hmm. where are you that you bought this? for me it's only been 12/27 for 1 hour... but if you got your phone that recently, it probably has ver. 1.1.1 which means you'll have to wait.

hmm. where are you that you bought this? for me it's only been 12/27 for 1 hour... but if you got your phone that recently, it probably has ver. 1.1.1 which means you'll have to wait.
    tampa florida 12/28/07 4:14 am! lol am! argghhh, all day i have been working on this, i think i might try what the cool guy up top said to do and if it doesnt work, i may try to buy one on ebay already unlocked, probably should of done that in the first place but ididnt know it was just going to HANG there and ibrickr not connect, do you think the phone could be corrupt since its not connecting?

Thanks

To run iBrickr fresh out of the box...you need to.

- Plug your phone in / dock it, and turn it off
    - Power it on
    - While the grey apple appears, press and hold both the power and home buttons until it says "Please connect to iTunes"
    - iTunes will pop up talking about restoring your phone. Begin the process and let it start downloading.
    - Unplug the phone, then press and hold power and home buttons again, until the phone restarts
    - Wait for the restore to fail in iTunes, and then start up iBrickr again. It should work this time!

Then you just follow instructions on iBrickr.
    But first, you need to have iTunes installed..my suggestion is to use 7.3 version of Itunes.

check this site out...pretty much every thing you need, and links to download are on there. Remember to read them carefully.

http://iphone.unlock.no/
    Last edited by SundayDuffer; 2007-09-28 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT IT UNLOCKED, FOUND OUT I HAVE 1.0.2 FIRMWARE.
    PHONE IS WORKING NOW AND DIALING CALLS FROM TMOBILE SERVICE. BUT I HAVE A QUESTION.

how do you make youtube work on 1.0.2 iphone firmware?
    and how do you load mp3's onto the phone. I never had an ipod before so i'm new to the itunes thing. any suggestions. SPECIAL THANKS TO SUNDAYDUFFER YOU ROCK!