Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV into DFU Mode

Default Apple TV into DFU Mode
    Anybody can confirm this method to put the Apple TV into DFU mode??

Step 1: Plug the ATV (apple TV) with MicroUSB.

Step 2: Hold menu+down for 6 seconds to reboot.

Step 3: Then immediately hold Menu+Play to go into DFU mode.

via Mobile-Geeks
    No signature spam or links... Only warning

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

It is correct. StealthBravo says the same method on his twitter too last week.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Not sure if anyone else has had any issues but I've tried this 20 times and I can't get it to ever say in iTunes that I'm in DFU mode. Newest (10.1) iTunes on mac osx 10.6 (and tried windows 7 with same updated itunes) and it just wont work. Tried it with the power cord plugged in also like some sites say. Held it 6 seconds, held it 106 seconds...made no difference. I can get it to restart, but then iTunes never says it's in DFU mode.

*It didn't ever say I was in DFU mode in iTunes*
    I finally got it to work just being gutsy I suppose. The steps I used were run pwnagetool again (simple mode) then just clicked DFU I did not create a new JB file. I followed the on screen instructions and it said I was in DFU. I closed pwnage, opened iTunes, left-alt clicked restore and it worked I just SSHed into the apple tv. Just letting people know it did NOT ever tell me I was in DFU mode. I was afraid to continue without that prompt but it worked for me
    Last edited by bamrock; 2010-11-09 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost