Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Accidentally updated to 4.1

  1. #1
    Default Accidentally updated to 4.1
    Hey all,

    Stupidly updated my iPhone 4 to 4.1 this evening. Any way to get back to 4.0.1 or am I stuck now until there is a 4.1 jailbreak?

    Cheers!

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    If you had your SHSH blobs saved you can just download and run Tiny Umbrella and then restore to iOS 4.0.1.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

    Amraam (2010-10-01)

  4. #3
    That's what I'm doing but it keeps coming up with errors during the restore process

    Strangely, TU says I have blobs for 4.1, but I've only ever ran 4.0.1 until now?

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    That's what I'm doing but it keeps coming up with errors during the restore process

    Strangely, TU says I have blobs for 4.1, but I've only ever ran 4.0.1 until now?
    It depends entirely on when you asked cydia to help make your life easier.

    shsh blobs can only be saved for the firmware which is being signed when you hit make my life easier in cydia.

    e.g if you did it recently then 4.1 has been out for a while and you will only have signature for that as apple has stopped signing 4.0.1 along time ago.

  6. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    What errors are being given???



    (WOOT #1,000!!!!)

  7. #6
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    You only have 4.1 shsh blogs, you can't downgrade no matter how hard you tried.

  8. #7
    Well I eventually got it work. Got a 1003 error, and the phone kept coming up in itunes in restore mode. Used tiny umbrella to kick it out of restore, it booted back up and is on 4.0.1 again

    I'm now debating whether to go back to 4.1 or not coz there looked to be a few nice new toys

  9. #8
    I don't understand. I've seen so many threads with people who "don't" have 4.0.1 SHSH blobs somehow magically being able to restore to 4.0.1.

    Is it worth trying to downgrade a 3GS on 4.0.2 even though I've already checked TinyUmbrella and it has no SHSH stored? Is there a chance I will be forced to restore to 4.1 if I do this?

    Cheers.

  10. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 54 Times in 32 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Well I eventually got it work. Got a 1003 error, and the phone kept coming up in itunes in restore mode. Used tiny umbrella to kick it out of restore, it booted back up and is on 4.0.1 again

    I'm now debating whether to go back to 4.1 or not coz there looked to be a few nice new toys
    I would keep it on 4.0.1, the only benefit you get from the upgrade is GameCenter and HDR photos, which both suck in my opinion. And if you really want them, get them from Cydia. I wish I had of stayed on 4.0.1, I've been stuck without a jailbreak for like 2 weeks or more and it's slowly killing me lol.

    iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

  11. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bellyfrog View Post
    I don't understand. I've seen so many threads with people who "don't" have 4.0.1 SHSH blobs somehow magically being able to restore to 4.0.1.

    Is it worth trying to downgrade a 3GS on 4.0.2 even though I've already checked TinyUmbrella and it has no SHSH stored? Is there a chance I will be forced to restore to 4.1 if I do this?

    Cheers.
    Those are all people who just weren't aware that their SHSH blobs were saved on Cydia. If you've tried getting your 4.0.1 SHSH blob from Cydia and TU says it isn't there, you simply can't downgrade.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  12. #11
    But do you know if I try to do this restore to 4.0.1 trick if it will mean I have to restore to 4.1 if it doesn't work, or will my phone just remain on 4.0.2?

    I don't mind putting in the time to test it myself even if its a 1 in 100 chance of working, I'll try anything :P

    Having a 4.0.2 3GS sitting here for 2 weeks is frustrating the hell out of me ^_^

  13. #12
    Retired Moderator j3st3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 405 Times in 395 Posts

    if you try to restore and don't have the 4.0.1 blobs it will not force you to update to 4.1, it will not make it far enough into the restore process to hurt anything

  14. #13
    Okay, so in a position where we have an iPhone 4 at 4.1, what is the outlook? Are people waiting until 4.2 comes for the next jailbreak attempt?

    -Evan

  15. #14
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    It is going to be 4.1 jailbreak.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ahheck View Post
    Okay, so in a position where we have an iPhone 4 at 4.1, what is the outlook? Are people waiting until 4.2 comes for the next jailbreak attempt?

    -Evan
    If you have an iPhone 4, you'll be jailbreakabe on Sunday if Greenpois0n doesn't hit any snags before then

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bellyfrog View Post
    If you have an iPhone 4, you'll be jailbreakabe on Sunday if Greenpois0n doesn't hit any snags before then
    Wow, that's incredibly good news. My iPhone 4 @ 4.1 probably won't even get here till middle of next week. (btw, is $300 shipped a good deal for a mint condition 16GB iPhone 4?)

    -Evan

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •