Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snowbreeze 2.0.1 & iPhone 3g

Default Snowbreeze 2.0.1 & iPhone 3g
    I hate to add to the countless posts about snowbreeze and the iphone 3g, but i cant seem to find a straight answer. Anyways I have a 3g on 4.0 and want to upgrade to 4.1. I'm using t-mobile so i need to hacktivate and use snowbreeze. But I have read that there are some problems with cyidia and 4.1, also does ultrasn0w work fine on 4.1?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpytreto View Post
    I hate to add to the countless posts about snowbreeze and the iphone 3g, but i cant seem to find a straight answer. Anyways I have a 3g on 4.0 and want to upgrade to 4.1. I'm using t-mobile so i need to hacktivate and use snowbreeze. But I have read that there are some problems with cyidia and 4.1, also does ultrasn0w work fine on 4.1?
    Yes, ultrasn0w will work fine on 4.1 if you use sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 which will prevent baseband to be updated.but there are still some problems remaining, can't restore backup from itune, youtube is not working

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ayangch For This Useful Post:

grumpytreto (2010-09-29)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ayangch View Post
    Yes, ultrasn0w will work fine on 4.1 if you use sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 which will prevent baseband to be updated.but there are still some problems remaining, can't restore backup from itune, youtube is not working
    There is nothing wrong with the updated Snowbreeze 2.0.2, it will hactivate , preserve your baseband, youtube is working and is not advisable to restore from Backup, you should set up as a New Iphone.

Thanks to Snowbreeze, without it, we wouldn't be jailbroken at 4.1 and will be still waiting...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2010-09-30), grumpytreto (2010-09-29)

Thanks for the answers, now i just need to backup all my game saves and update cause this slow 3g phone has been pissing me off lol.

Thanks

You know that at 4.0, if you use jailbreakme , then you cannot go straight to Snowbreeze 2.0.2, you have to downgrade to 3.1.2 first and apply Redsn0w, before proceeding to Custom Firmware.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

grumpytreto (2010-09-29)

I have always used resn0w to jailbreak.

Thanks

You must put your iphone into recovery mode first and then restore to custom firmware.

Good, then you know what you are doing. If you have any problems , come back here, we will guide you.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-29 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

grumpytreto (2010-09-29)

Just recovery mode not DFU mode?

Edit: I didnt know i had to use iReb
    Last edited by grumpytreto; 2010-09-29 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks

Me neither, the new ireb 4.1, i am still not sure what it does too. I have read it, it says it will bypass all errors. You don't really need that, 3g is simple.

I had to use it because I kept getting error 1604

Thanks

Usually error 1604 is you are appyling custom firmware to a non jailbroken iphone.

I dont know but mine was jailbroken and iReb seemed to fix the issue. Everything is working fine now, i just need to install all the games and put all the music back on

One last problem is i cant seem to find anything that will fix the "cannot connect to youtube" error. Push Dr. doesnt seem to work. Are there any other packages that might fix it?
    Last edited by grumpytreto; 2010-09-30 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You can add cydia.pushfix.info and install Youtube Fix or Push Fix. Uninstall Push doctor first.

None of those seem to work, i tried installing and uninstalling all three and tried again with rebooting the phone even though the instructions say its not required.

Thanks

None of those seem to work, i tried installing and uninstalling all three and tried again with rebooting the phone even though the instructions say its not required.
    Does it say , Cannot connect to youtube .

Yeah it does. It's a common problem i guess cause its all over the snowbreeze forums also

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah it does. It's a common problem i guess cause its all over the snowbreeze forums also
    I'm having the same issue. Let me know if you find a resolution.

I had to reboot my 3G to get Push Doctor to work, though I'm still on 4.0. I can't seem to get past the backup/restore w/iTunes issue with 4.1.
    Last edited by eelpout; 2010-10-17 at 05:51 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I got if fixed by not activating via sn0wbreeze and keeping an AT&T sim in during installation.