Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari won't start will restore from backup remove my jailbreak?

Cool Safari won't start will restore from backup remove my jailbreak?
    I know others have asked similar restore questions but I'm still not sure whether I will need to jailbreak again if I restore from backup.

I have a 2g ipod touch that I jailbroke using redsn0w. This past week, Safari stopped working. Like in this video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rYGNACdgYk]YouTube - Safari doesn't work on my iPod Touch![/ame] only mine has progressed to the point where the browser screen doesn't even open anymore. I've since installed myfox so I can live without Safari but would like to have it for the apps that try to launch it.

When I jailbroke my touch, it didn't work the first time and I had to do a restore. I lost all my stuff even though itunes said I backed it up (yes I had done a sync prior to jailbreaking) including some apps that are no longer in the app store so I'm reluctant to have to go through the whole restore jailbreak process again. So here are my questions?

1) Does anyone know how to fix Safari without a restore? I've tried doing a hard reset, clearing history, cache & cookies, and turning off javascript. . . oh and swearing at it
    2) If I delete Safari and do a restore from backup might that work?
    3) If I do a restore from backup will it remove my jailbreak? I have AptBackup and I did a backup of native files using ifunbox

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

hi, am not sure but it *should* be the same, i am on iphone4, jailbroken 4.01 and i had to restore from a 'legit' itunes backup and all was fine, IT didnt overwrite my jailbreak as it didnt touch the firmware, just the settings and programs and similar. HTH
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Try installing Safarifix from Cydia, you have to find out the repo yourself.