Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help :(

Default Please help :(
    hello rigt someone out there must be able to help me i going to go mad iv come home tonight to upgrade with custom firmware my iphone 3gs old boot rom from 3.1.3 i installed the repo in cydia like iv bin told and got the app i needed and i was just about to start making my custom firmware when i look at my phone and there nothing on the screen so i try turn her on i get nothing then i think right ill plug her in and it comes up your phones in dfu mood strange so i try runing the firmware i mad nothing and the fort right i shsh was stored as 3.1.3 so i try restore and get nothing does this mean im going to have to get the 4.1 from apple and does this mean ill not be able to jailbreak i do not need an unlock i just need some addvise please sorry on my bad spelling

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Don't quite understand what you are saying. Is your iphone always in DFU mode and black, is that what you are saying.

if im honest my phone just looks like shes off pal

Thanks

Can you trigger into recovery mode : Turn off your iphone by holding both the Power and Home button. Now hold the Home button and plug your iphone in until the Itunes Cable logo comes on. Can you do that.

Before this happen, did you install Spirit2pwn on your iphone ?

i tryed this a couple of times and iv just tryed again and nothing and yes i did install spirit2pwn im normally not to bad with it but im lost so i fort best post on here and see if you masters can help

Thanks

Spirit2pwn from Cydia doesn't work, was your jailbreak at 3.1.3 with jailbreakme ?

Did you get error 28 ?

Do you know what shsh blogs do you have ?

no it was from spirit pal i dint no i fort it work **** me what can i do lol

i blogged my 3.1.3 i no that much pal

and no i got error 1600
    Last edited by pecker286; 2010-09-28 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Now, your iphone is in a sleeping state, if you can't get it to recovery mode, then you have to open up your iphone, remove the battery from the motherboard, and then put it back . You can now restore again.

it says its already in recovery mode pal i just dont want to try upgrade 2 4.1 from apple then not be able to jailbreak again i dont mind waiting for a jainbreak but i dont want to do it if i never will get one i love my iphone i dont want to brake it lol

Thanks

Itunes will recognize Recovery /DFU mode as you need to restore.
    Try restoring to 4.0.1 with your shsh blogs, I am quite sure you will get an error right away, tell me the error.
    OR read this :
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/730...stuck-dfu.html

give me five mins pal while i pull down the file

Thanks

No problem.

its taking longer than i fort to download but thanks for the help pal im so annoyed iv herd about people that have bin bricked but they still get the logo on there screen i dunno what to do with my warrenty still cover this iv had my phone able 6 months its on contract with vodefone in the uk

Thanks

All you have to do is to fully disconnect power from the motherboard by removing the battery and put it back, it will work. The link I sent you read my post and the reply from those guys on page 2 and 3.

If you don't know what you are doing , then don't open it, you may kill the motherboard with Static Electricity , then go for an exchange with Apple.

This is a safe way to do it :
    http://msftguy.blogspot.com/2010/06/...rit-40-jb.html
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-28 at 02:14 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

pecker286 (2010-09-28)

LOL dint even see there was another 2 pages dam now i no im tierd thanks for the help pal i no a guy who great with it ill get on his case you bin a great help tonight pal thanks alot mate