Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone 4 Came With 4.02

Question New iPhone 4 Came With 4.02
    Hey All -

Old iPhone 4 was stolen a couple of days ago so just got my new iPhone 4. I asked the sales person at AT&T to grab one from the back or give me the oldest Turns out it didn't have 4.1, but had 4.02

I've already tried to get SHSH's with TU from Cydia & Apple (as if someone at factory JB it) to downgrade it but nogo. Do you guys suggest just going ahead and upping it to 4.1? Unless there's somthing I don't know about other than TU to get 4.02 to work, then might as well, huh?

I'd just hate to do it then find exploit the next day for 4.02 only.

Thanks!

do you need an unlock? are u planning on selling it anytime in the future? if not update to 4.1

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The new jb is likely for 4.1 and not 4.0.2. I have an iP4 on 4.0.2 but I'm not going to update it to 4.1 just because I like to be safe.

Edit: I didn't mean it wouldn't jb 4.0.2 as well, i just meant it would probably cover 4.1 too.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-28 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nah - not planning on selling it for a long time. Guess by thenthey'd have an unlock for any baseband update included with 4.1. Perhaps me upgrading it to 4.1 would be a jinx, the exploit for 4.02 would be released tomorrow, and you guys could start having fun again...

At least someone wins

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Lol I understand where you're coming from. I'm bad luck too so I try to be as careful as I can. Which is why I haven't updated, even tho I know the new jb would probably cover 4.1.

Thanks

you can update to to 4.1 and preserve the baseband, follow the instructions on tinyumbrellas website