Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: volume display won't disappear from screen!

Default volume display won't disappear from screen!
    i just updated my activator and rotation inhibitor from cydia...as well as pocketfrogs game from appstore...

and now, my volume/ringer display won't disappear from the screen!

only a respring or a reboot would clear it...but it would keep getting stuck on the screen if i wanna change the volume of anything...

is this happening to anyone else?

how can i fix this? if anyone knows?

any help would be much appreciated!

Me tooo!! i just updated activator and rotation thingy and then i noticed that my volume display thing wont go aaway when i change volume levels

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

What version is your Activator, mine is 1.4.4 and I am not having any problem.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-26 at 05:39 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same problem here, running ios 3.1.2 and my volume display will not disappear. my activator is 1.4.4 and I had no problems before the upgrade.

Glad I'm not the only one...but bummed there isn't a solution for it yet? Gotta wait for new update? :/ I'm running on 3.1.3, jailbroken with spirit...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I am on iOS 4.1 and my activator is 1.4.4, I don't have any problem.

Its the upgrade to Activator i hsd the same problem ! Try reinstalling it and if that doesnt work search repos for the older version !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Purk707 For This Useful Post:

NikeJS (2010-09-26)

Quote Originally Posted by Purk707 View Post
    Its the upgrade to Activator i hsd the same problem ! Try reinstalling it and if that doesnt work search repos for the older version !
    sorry for being a noob, but how do I search the repos for the older version? do I do that thru cydia?

Im 3.1.3 3gs spirit and im also using bitesms, but ive tried disabling bite but it still has the problem.

it's positive...as purk707 suggested...it's the latest version of activator causing it...

i did as he suggested and now it's not a problem anymore

i downloaded the older version (.deb file) of activator...and ssh-ed into my iphone via cyberduck (created /media/Cydia/AutoInstall)...rebooted and voila

hope this helps the rest having the same annoying problem of this volume/ringer display never disappearing after the latest (1.4.4) activator

12. The Following User Says Thank You to avalanchelynn For This Useful Post:

NikeJS (2010-09-26)

Quote Originally Posted by avalanchelynn View Post
    it's positive...as purk707 suggested...it's the latest version of activator causing it...

i did as he suggested and now it's not a problem anymore

i downloaded the older version (.deb file) of activator...and ssh-ed into my iphone via cyberduck (created /media/Cydia/AutoInstall)...rebooted and voila

hope this helps the rest having the same annoying problem of this volume/ringer display never disappearing after the latest (1.4.4) activator
    Yup! This is the fix! Thanks a lot bro

1.4.5 just came out, it fixes it )