Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G how do I upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1.2?

Default iPhone 3G how do I upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1.2?
    Hey all, sorry If this is a repost, I have searched until my eyes hurt and I apologize in advance if this has been covered before.

Current Situation: Had my iPhone 3G on 4.0.1 (soooo slow).. so I read around and realized that I could downgrade to 3.0 since it would not try to check if the build was ok. So I did that, and then used redsn0w to jailbreak 3.0. Thats where I am right now.. I next read that I could take a 3.1.2 ipsw and use sn0wbreeze then upgrade my 3G from 3.0 to 3.1.2 jailbroken. While trying to do this I ran into error 1604 and tried to use iREB to fix it (got it to the screen where it says waiting for custom ipsw and tried again and got error 1603, and then I used iREB to try and kick it out of recovery loop.. no such luck).

So at this point I'm stuck on 3.0 (jailbroken) and I want to upgrade it to 3.1.2 and don't know what steps to take next, since everything I read didn't work for me.

What am I doing wrong or how can I get to 3.1.2? 4.0.1 was way too slow and from what I understand 4.1 is only a slight improvement, so I'd like to be on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 again. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Just shift+restore to a stock 3.1.2 ipsw and use redsn0w 0.9.3 to jb.