Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me after useing Blackra1n 3Gs

Question Please help me after useing Blackra1n 3Gs
    Hi guys, In the past I have used Blackra1n to Jailbreak my phone. Whenever I turned it off or if the battery drained I would have to run Blackra1n again and it would get past the recovery screen and everything would be back to normal. Until now I run it and it just gets stuck on Geohots face/screen, then after 10 mins or so the wheel in the middle appears and then gets stuck only to have the iphone back at the recovery screen.

What can I do? is there anything I can do to back up my phone before reseting it through itunes? Are there hints/tips to Jailbreak it through Blackra1n and get back to the lock screen?

I really apreciate the help a thousand thank

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You will probably have to restore. You should use TinyUmbrella to find out which versions you have SHSH for. My suggestion to you would be to restore to 4.0.1 and then jailbreak with jailbreakme.com. This will also mean that your jailbreak is untethered meaning you can reboot the phone without rerunning the jailbreak.

You might be able to access your files through iFunbox or a similar program before restoring, but I'm not sure.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.