Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3Gs Stuck in DFU

I have an update. When trying to downgrade and put 3.1.3 back on it and using host 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com I get a 3194 error. Is this still bad or is there hope?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

It means it cannot verify the shsh blogs. Can you get it into recovery mode?

Is stuck in DFU only. The screen doesn't even blink when holding both home and power button. I can hear the disconnect and reconnect in the computer and it is instant from disconnect and reconnect, which I found really odd. I have blobs from 3.1.3 and on with that phone so I don't know what is going on in that end.

Thanks

Your iphone is now in a "sleeping State", try draining the battery completely or if you know how to remove the battery, that will take all the power away, then put it back and try, I am just trying to troubleshoot, it may not work. When you take the battery out, make sure you ground yourself so there is no Static Electricity on your body and avoid as much as possible not to touch the motherboard.

Let's hope it is just that. I will let it drain and give a heads up if it works

Yay!!! Guess what? It worked! Is now restoring to 4.1!!! I disconnected the battery and it allowed it to update! Thank you sooo much!!!!

Thanks

Wow, that is great news, my trick works then. You are very welcome

Wish it would downgrade. I know I have ssh blobs on cydia. Guess will have to wait on next jailbreak.

Ok, i tried to jailbreak my phone with redsnow, iclarified, very simple steps.. except i forgot the step about syncing and restoring with 3.1.2 ( mine is 3.1.3 . btw, do i even needed to do that ) . anyways, i did go ahead with jailbreak got cydia, but when i put vodafone SiM card ( instead of my att sim ) it did not read it . so thought must do the 3.1.2 sync step. tried to go back and do it , didnt work , Finally after several step my Itunes restore button got my iphone restored to version 4 ?? im stuck there,, also when i re-tried to jail break with that easy and working method of redsnow, this time it did not work , my phone completely is messed up now,, its stuck on the screen with Green arrow down , saying "downloaind jailbreak data' .. all my stuff is gone too, again its 3g , and was 3.1.3 but now i guess has 4 ??? plzz plaazzz plzzz plzz help. i needed to ulock this phoen so i could get a phone and data in this here country , but now its all messsed up big time !! plz messge me or post here

I fixed 28 error!!!

You have to open iPhone and remove motherboard From battery. Don't download jbme2pwn confirmed culprit 3/3

Quote Originally Posted by Djpsiphi View Post
    I fixed 28 error!!!

You have to open iPhone and remove motherboard From battery. Don't download jbme2pwn confirmed culprit 3/3
    I download it and nothing happened to me.

Crazy. 4.0.1 3GS 32g mb model. 5 xx baseband running ultra for tmobile. 4/4 now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Djpsiphi View Post
    Crazy. 4.0.1 3GS 32g mb model. 5 xx baseband running ultra for tmobile. 4/4 now.
    So Spirit2Pwn breaks the USB host or drivers for 4.0 devices--for it worked on my old-bootrom 3.1.3 3GS (when it originally launched late June/early July).

No clue why a battery drain would reset the bad host drivers though... probably means it's not the host controller, but maybe something in the device tree...?

Screw it, I don't care to brick a 3GS to find out. STAY AWAY FROM SPIRIT2PWN/JBME2PWN TO AVOID BRICKS! sounds like the message to broadcast.

Exactly! Stay away from that! Am glad it is fixable, but not worth the headache and chance ruining your phone by opening it and detaching the battery. I'm lucky that I found a really easy way to take the face off.

Thanks

In Electronics, we are all dealing with binaries, so when the iphone is triggered into a " Sleeping State ", it will not wake up until you do a factory reset, so by removing the battery or taking away the power completely , you are resetting it back to its original setting.

Note:
    If your iphone is under warranty, opening up your iphone will void the warranty.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-29 at 03:56 AM.

Awesome news! Finally got my phone to downgrade by using umbrella 4.1.4 program. That was a nifty program!

I had the same prob with my girls iphone but i was able to get it back.. So idk what to say

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    I had the same prob with my girls iphone but i was able to get it back.. So idk what to say
    Cool, you were lucky, the iphone did not go to a permanent sleeping state.

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    Awesome news! Finally got my phone to downgrade by using umbrella 4.1.4 program. That was a nifty program!
    After the process of disconnecting the power, you should have used tiny umbrealla to restore to a lower firmware, then your baseband would not have been upgraded...oh well..you are now an expert..
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-30 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wish I knew about that program before I updated lol now I have to wait for an unlock to sell it.

well here is an update worth making. I ended up sending my 3Gs to Apple since it was under warranty. And with no buts and ifs I got a replacement unit, brand new only I got it with FW 4.0.2 so now gotta wait for a JB

But am still impressed how smooth it all went

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast