Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jbme2pwn released

Default Jbme2pwn released
    i was just in mirc and ih8sn0w told me he and the guy that owns the repo woowiz sorted out the issues and created a stand alone jbme2pwn it is there!

i asked him if i could use jbme2pwn in 4.0.1 without going back to 3.1.x and he replied yes... haven't tried this yet... any braves out therE? lol or someone who did? this isn't a fake tool it is developed with the jailbreak me code for sn0wbreeze 2 to to work

EDIT***** yeah i test it on 4.0.1 no bricks guess i'm good to go!
    Last edited by apollo_1444; 2010-09-26 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Cool, it works then.

What exactly is the benefit to this? (other than getting rid of the annoying random colored lines when rebooting). Is it that it gets rid of thr pdf vulnerability?

Does it work on ipad 3.2.1?
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-09-26 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    What exactly is the benefit to this? (other than getting rid of the annoying random colored lines when rebooting). Is it that it gets rid of thr pdf vulnerability?

Does it work on ipad 3.2.1?
    the random colored lines are code that is injected on the comex jailbreak if you think they are annoying..well get out of the scene? dunno... don't jailbreak your device?

what are you exactly asking? this process is required if you wish to upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.1 custom firmware in this scenario

a) you have a jailbroken 4.0.1 old boot 3gs jailbnroken with jailbreakme (obviously) and DO NOT HAVE SHSH for 3.x

applying this patch is like applying the "spirit2pwn" patch only that it has been fixed and written properly so that it works with jailbreakme and 4.0.1 just as originally promised

I test it myself and it does work now! it's completely safe iphone won't go ape **** on you it will just reload cydia like normal then prepare your CUSTM FW and remember

PUT IPHONE IN RECOVERY MODE NOOOOT DFU when restoring otherwise iTunes will give you errro 1600
    Last edited by apollo_1444; 2010-09-26 at 02:42 AM.

oh so this basically allows you to use the unofficial sn0wbreeze jailbreak custom 4.1 firmware if you are currently un an old bootrom device and dont have the shsh saved for 3.x to be able to downgrade then jailbreak w/ sn0wbreeze then use that to be able to make a 4.1 custom firmware.

Personally i think this is pretty signifigent but either way the process is a pain in the a**. Im still on 3.1.3 on my old bootrom 3gs but Im just gonna wait for an official jailbreak and compatibilty from most of the cydia apps I want.

Any chance you know if most 4.0.x cydia apps work on 4.1?

oh so this basically allows you to use the unofficial sn0wbreeze jailbreak custom 4.1 firmware if you are currently un an old bootrom device and dont have the shsh saved for 3.x to be able to downgrade then jailbreak w/ sn0wbreeze then use that to be able to make a 4.1 custom firmware.
    Indeed
    Personally i think this is pretty signifigent but either way the process is a pain in the a**. Im still on 3.1.3 on my old bootrom 3gs but Im just gonna wait for an official jailbreak and compatibilty from most of the cydia apps I want.

Any chance you know if most 4.0.x cydia apps work on 4.1?
    if you have shsh for 3.x just try it, this time phone won't go mental on you it works now...pain free you can revert it back to 3.x if you didn't like 4.1

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apollo_1444 View Post
    Indeed

if you have shsh for 3.x just try it, this time phone won't go mental on you it works now...pain free you can revert it back to 3.x if you didn't like 4.1
    So can I use this on a virgin 3GS with old bootrom on 4.1?? If so where do I get it and is there a guide or is it just make a custom Ipsw with sn0wbreeze and then restore.

And again..my iPhone has no shsh saved. I've check TU many times and for all firmwares.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyperdy View Post
    So can I use this on a virgin 3GS with old bootrom on 4.1?? If so where do I get it and is there a guide or is it just make a custom Ipsw with sn0wbreeze and then restore.

And again..my iPhone has no shsh saved. I've check TU many times and for all firmwares.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    emmm NO! you have to be jailbroken on 3.x with spirit or 4.x with jailbreakme for this to work

if you aren't previously jailbroken then this isn't the jailbreak for you wait for greenp0ison.

Banned
    Thanks

emmm NO! you have to be jailbroken on 3.x with spirit or 4.x with jailbreakme for this to work

if you aren't previously jailbroken then this isn't the jailbreak for you wait for greenp0ison.
    I'm starting to regret my decision of selling my hd2 and buying the 3GS...why did Apple only decide to piss in these cherios. I just read about the sorta update of Greenp0ision and got excited. Hopefully something will happen soon.

I assume you are on 4.1 apollo, correct? Do you know if most of the cydia apps that were 4.0.x compatible work on 4.1?

I assume you are on 4.1 apollo, correct? Do you know if most of the cydia apps that were 4.0.x compatible work on 4.1?
    I haven't tested Cydia apps but i'm sure most work fine

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

I haven't tested Cydia apps but i'm sure most work fine
    Not true... I will be on 4.1 soon and I will make a list.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here