Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS recovery problems on 3.1.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 3GS recovery problems on 3.1.2
    My friend has a iPhone 3GS with the new bootloader which won't let you restart your phone after shutdown without using some kind of tool on the PC/Mac side.

He used to be on 3.1.2 until now and used Blackra1n to jailbreak and restart.

Now for some strange reason his iPhone suddenly can't reboot anymore and spends quite some time at the Apple bootscreen after which it will display the "Connect to iTunes" message.

His PC is running XP with the latest version of iTunes. He also has a Mac available to use.

We first tried restoring to stock 3.1.2 on the XP machine. Both in restore- and DFU-mode. iTunes takes a long time checking the update online and then quits with some odd error message - sth. like "Restore failed. Unknown error. Error code 3XXX."

On the Mac side we tried the same with the exact same result except it suddenly displayed a more specific error-message saying "The phone isn't valid for this firmware build."

Are we doing sth. wrong? Is Apple blocking a restore to 3.1.2? (It was also on 3.1.2 when it stopped working...)

Any help on getting this phone working again would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info x98car. I'll try to extend my question. If we don't have any SHSHs saved to restore with the unmodified firmware, could we also use a custom PwnageTool 3.1.2 FW to restore and use Blackra1n to reboot?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Without SHSH saved you will be forced to restore to 4.1 if you try. You cannot load a custom firmware onto a new bootrom 3GS (which is what you have) without SHSH for 3.1.2.

X98car I pmed u

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Without SHSH saved you will be forced to restore to 4.1 if you try. You cannot load a custom firmware onto a new bootrom 3GS (which is what you have) without SHSH for 3.1.2.
    When I updated to 4.0 I didn't think to save my shsh files cydia has them for 4.0 and 4.0.1 and somehow 4.0.2 even though I've never been on 4.0.2

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you read those two links I put above you will see why that is.