Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iPhone volume screen stays on?

Thanks

Default Jailbroken iPhone volume screen stays on?
    I have a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone on 3.1.3. Whenever I press the volume adjustment buttons on the side, the volume level screen will show up but it won't go away. It stays there until I either lock my screen, move the silent switch, or go to the sound settings page.

How do I fix this? This never happened before.

hi, the same happens to me, just since yesterday ! It may come from the latest "activator" update on cydia ?

Awe that sucks, well you could restore to 3.1.3, is it a 3G or 3GS? Or 2G? Uninstall activator?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Had the same issue today. Uninstalled activator and the issue went away. Thought it was because id replaced my iphone back cover.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyt87 View Post
    Had the same issue today. Uninstalled activator and the issue went away. Thought it was because id replaced my iphone back cover.
    ok thanks, only issue here is if I uninstall activator, there are dependancies (e.g. sbsettings)

I have emailed developer Ryan Petrich about this issue, I'll wait and see what he says...

Quote Originally Posted by mcoquet View Post
    ok thanks, only issue here is if I uninstall activator, there are dependancies (e.g. sbsettings)

I have emailed developer Ryan Petrich about this issue, I'll wait and see what he says...
    Found a quick fix if it works
    Open SBsettings, go to Mobile Substrate addons turn off Activator and let it respring, did it solve it?
    If no go turn it back on before you uninstall or reinstall it then I would go and reinstall it

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    Found a quick fix if it works
    Open SBsettings, go to Mobile Substrate addons turn off Activator and let it respring, did it solve it?
    If no go turn it back on before you uninstall or reinstall it then I would go and reinstall it
    I might try this, but how would you trigger sbsettings without activator ? Same goes for LockInfo which I trigger with a long status bar press...

I will wait to see if R. Petrich reacts anyhow, will post any reply here

ok, did some research and it seems the fix to this is to downgrade Activator to 1.4.2 -> Download Activator 1.4.2 [ And All versions] or 1.4.3 -> Activator 1.4.3 Final [OSx - iPhone 4]
    Last edited by mcoquet; 2010-09-25 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Im sure ryan will sort it no probs. I guess its more annoying than anything i can live without pro switcher for a while 

I'm pretty sure it's activator. It started this morning for me and the only thing I've done since rebooting my iphone last night is installed activator. Hope they fix this soon.

I'm so glad I found this thread. This bug had been driving me crazy all day. Hope it gets fixed soon. Thanks for the links mcoquet.

Ok, so I downgraded to 1.4.2 and the volume icon bug went away, but when I uninstalled Activator 1.4.4 from Cydia it uninstalled Backgrounder with it.

How can I install Backgrounder by itself without it installing Activator 1.4.4 automatically?
    Last edited by Pulseczar; 2010-09-26 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I emailed him aswell lets hope hes quick to fix it !

Quote Originally Posted by Pulseczar View Post
    I'm so glad I found this thread. This bug had been driving me crazy all day. Hope it gets fixed soon. Thanks for the links mcoquet.

Ok, so I downgraded to 1.4.2 and the volume icon bug went away, but when I uninstalled Activator 1.4.4 from Cydia it uninstalled Backgrounder with it.

How can I install Backgrounder by itself without it installing Activator 1.4.4 automatically?
    you don't have to uninstall activator to downgrade it. just put the .deb file from my links in /var/mobile/ and use iFile to install (or via mobileterminal)

I guess having sbsettings, backgrounder or lockinfo without activator doesn't make much sense indeed, but if you install version 1.4.3 it all works fine

There's a 1.4.5 update now that fixes the bug. I'm glad he fixed it fast. What a pal!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pulseczar For This Useful Post:

CodfishCatfish (2010-09-27)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Confirmed Activator 1.4.4 was also making the volume/Ringer icon stay on my screen until Lock. Just installed 1.4.5 and all working well again. Phew thanks ever so much for the quick fix.

This forum is missing a Bigger Thank You Button

Ok since I installed 1.4.5 my springboard has been crashing. Particularly when I push the home button, sometimes other things. Anyone else getting this?

Thanks

It has worked fine for me today. Maybe you should downgrade back to 1.4.3 again..

Quote Originally Posted by Pulseczar View Post
    Ok since I installed 1.4.5 my springboard has been crashing. Particularly when I push the home button, sometimes other things. Anyone else getting this?
    Try turning it off cause most likely it's something else you installed,
    Go to sbsettings->more->mobile substrate addons