Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 restore

Default iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 restore
    Hello all,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2 firmware. Yesterday, I noticed that my WIFI stopped browsing networks so I messed with the phone a bit and ended up trying to erase all the data, which I now know was a realllly bad idea. Now, my phone gets stuck in the apple welcome logo. With that said, I've been doing research on how I could restore my phone without upgrading. It seems that it is only possible if I had stored by SHSH in Cydia sometime before, which I did not. So is my only option to attempt to restore to the latest 4.x firmware? Or is there a way to restore to my current 3.1.2 firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1. Is this an old bootrom? Use sn0wbreeze 2 and restore to custom 4.1
    2. Never use erase all data
    3. Check with tinyumbrella and see if you have the SHSHes. You may be surprised.

Hello,

I have just bought a iphone from a friend and I managed to delete everything and I can't restore it because I am getting an error on itunes please tell me how can I restore, also it needs to be unlocked so I can use a tmobile sim card please help, please relay in dummy terms because this is new for me but I want to do it myself. it is for a 3gs
    Last edited by bamboo1102; 2010-09-29 at 05:46 AM.

Go to settings, general, about, what firmware is it on?