Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 help

Default Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 help
    i created my custom 4.1 firmware for iphone 3g using sn0wbreeze 2.0.1. i put my iphone in dfu and shift clicked restore. after it is done extracting, it says preparing iphone. During this nothing happens and i get a 16xx error. I then run the new ireb. it works and when i plug into itunes, it extracts firmware then i get an error 21 message. Can some1 plz help me?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Don't put your phone in DFU mode. Just have it turned on and fully booted.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

i also tried that but same error occurs (16xx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jtny1 View Post
    i created my custom 4.1 firmware for iphone 3g using sn0wbreeze 2.0.1. i put my iphone in dfu and shift clicked restore. after it is done extracting, it says preparing iphone. During this nothing happens and i get a 16xx error. I then run the new ireb. it works and when i plug into itunes, it extracts firmware then i get an error 21 message. Can some1 plz help me?
    that may help you out!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/729...cktivated.html

That doesn't help but thanks. I can't even get past the preparing iPhone for restore part. Plus ireb gives me error 21. I just cant restore to the custom firmware. If any1 can help pls do

That doesn't help but thanks. I can't even get past the preparing iPhone for restore part. Plus ireb gives me error 21. I just cant restore to the custom firmware. If any1 can help pls do
    did you turn your virus protection off before doing jailbreaking? the virus protection may kill the Ireb.

I did find out what i was doing wrong.

It turns out that the cause of the whole problem was my custom boot logos!

Unlike redsn0w, sn0wbreeze does not check if the boot logo is valid or not, in other words sn0wbreeze only checks to see if it is in the right size (320 by 480)

I figured this out b/c i tried to jailbreak with redsn0w but it would not accept my boot logos (while sn0wbreeze did accept them). So i fixed them up and redsn0w accepted them.

Then i go the idea it was probably b/c of my boot logos and i was right.

So always check if your boot logos are valid by using redsn0w

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Boot image requirement : 320 by 480, No more than 100 kb, Must have atleast some white and of course in png format.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-25 at 05:00 AM.

I did find out what i was doing wrong.

It turns out that the cause of the whole problem was my custom boot logos!

Unlike redsn0w, sn0wbreeze does not check if the boot logo is valid or not, in other words sn0wbreeze only checks to see if it is in the right size (320 by 480)

I figured this out b/c i tried to jailbreak with redsn0w but it would not accept my boot logos (while sn0wbreeze did accept them). So i fixed them up and redsn0w accepted them.

Then i go the idea it was probably b/c of my boot logos and i was right.

So always check if your boot logos are valid by using redsn0w
    Maybe you should inform iH8sn0w about that. You could be helping a lot of people.