Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs , 4.1 new snow 2.0 question <><><><>

Default 3gs , 4.1 new snow 2.0 question <><><><>
    got a 3gs coming to me ,
    running 4.1
    model MB715LL
    bb : 5.14.02

before i but it , is the new snowbreeze 2.0 gonna jailbreak this one ?
    thanks all ,luv ya !

Yes and maybe no, its complicated. Just peruse some of the threads here and you will see.

Jailbreak? Depends on your bootrom
    unlock for sure not possible right now

read my post, mb = old bootrom mc = new bootrom

Quote Originally Posted by foreveraudio View Post
    Not everyone knows the codes and if you knew that then you should know whether sn0wbreeze can jailbreak your phone!

regardless there are other stipulations as well, just google it!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foreveraudio View Post
    This isn't true. Model number can't be used to determine anything useful with regards to the 3GS. That only works for ipt2g.

Also, whether he has the new or the old bootrom doesn't matter. Sn0wbreeze can't jailbreak any 3GS already on 4.1
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    This isn't true. Model number can't be used to determine anything useful with regards to the 3GS. That only works for ipt2g.

Also, whether he has the new or the old bootrom doesn't matter. Sn0wbreeze can't jailbreak any 3GS already on 4.1
    And you know whats even worse? Shatter is a exploit targeting the A4 processors only. So in other words, 4.1 3gs phones with 5.14.02 are ******. Royally ******, might as well just sell it if you cant use the carrier.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philster View Post
    And you know whats even worse? Shatter is a exploit targeting the A4 processors only. So in other words, 4.1 3gs phones with 5.14.02 are ******. Royally ******, might as well just sell it if you cant use the carrier.
    What are you basing that on? The dev teams have stated that SHAtter will work on all existing devices.

Banned
    Thanks

What are you basing that on? The dev teams have stated that SHAtter will work on all existing devices.
    I'm wandering the same thing.I've got a virgin 3GS and want to jailbreak. That's what I thought the shatter exploit was good for. I've got the old boot rom but now shsh saved except for my 4.1..thought I saved at least my 4.0.2 but I guess I didn't.lol

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

I'm pretty sure that SHAtter is only for A4 as well. iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, iPad...all the new stuff.
    Also, sn0wbreeze 2 is only on old bootrom 3gs as only old bootrom can do custom firmware (right?)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

But why would it only be for the A4 chip? Parts of the chip are the same as earlier devices. When a bug/exploit is found in the bootrom, Apple doesn't completely rewrite it. They simply fix the bug.

Does anyone have an actual source saying that it only works on the absolute newest devices?

I dont think this will work...
    Mabey in the future there will be more jailbreak for 3GS 4.1 but not now/:

But why would it only be for the A4 chip? Parts of the chip are the same as earlier devices. When a bug/exploit is found in the bootrom, Apple doesn't completely rewrite it. They simply fix the bug.

Does anyone have an actual source saying that it only works on the absolute newest devices?
    It's common knowledge that only iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4G use a4. Now that that's clear read this article. Shatter Uses A4 Exploit For a Tethered Jailbreak - iSmashPhone iPhone Blog Still, I'm not sure, no one is but the developer

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    It's common knowledge that only iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4G use a4. Now that that's clear read this article. Shatter Uses A4 Exploit For a Tethered Jailbreak - iSmashPhone iPhone Blog Still, I'm not sure, no one is but the developer
    In that blog, it says it's the same vulnerability that geohot found a while back. Geohot found that bug in april/may, which is well before the iPhone 4 was released.

Banned
    Thanks

In that blog, it says it's the same vulnerability that geohot found a while back. Geohot found that bug in april/may, which is well before the iPhone 4 was released.
    I've been thinking the same thing. Doesn't the article also state that it will be able to jailbreak all idevices to date?? With all the assumptions going around,I dont know wether to keep my 3GS. Wish it would get released so we would all know the specifics.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyperdy View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing. Doesn't the article also state that it will be able to jailbreak all idevices to date?? With all the assumptions going around,I dont know wether to keep my 3GS. Wish it would get released so we would all know the specifics.
    That's what I believe. That it will jailbreak all devices. Although I can't find a source myself, so I'm not 100% sure at the moment.

edit: also to back up my point, http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-4-j...lock-for-life/ which talks about the bootrom bug found by geohot. Notice the date is two days before the i4 is released. It is said in this post http://www.redmondpie.com/shatter-ja...pad-confirmed/ that geo's bug and SHAtter are the same.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-09-26 at 10:40 PM.

Different bootrom exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyperdy View Post
    greenpois0n - Only a4 devices, only untetherred on 4.1 for now
    limera1n (just released) - check out the website limera1n

That's what I believe. That it will jailbreak all devices. Although I can't find a source myself, so I'm not 100% sure at the moment.

edit: also to back up my point, http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-4-j...lock-for-life/ which talks about the bootrom bug found by geohot. Notice the date is two days before the i4 is released. It is said in this post http://www.redmondpie.com/shatter-ja...pad-confirmed/ that geo's bug and SHAtter are the same.
    Geohot's second bootorm exploit also uses comex's userland hole to untether, as with greenpois0n.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    Different bootrom exploit.

greenpois0n - Only a4 devices, only untetherred on 4.1 for now
    limera1n (just released) - check out the website limera1n

Geohot's second bootorm exploit also uses comex's userland hole to untether, as with greenpois0n.
    Pretty easy correcting me now that a lot of info has been released

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Pretty easy correcting me now that a lot of info has been released
    Lol yes, that's true. I've also been easily corrected after all the solid facts have been released today/yesterday.