Results 1 to 20 of 20

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 3gs , 4.1 new snow 2.0 question <><><><>

  1. #1
    Default 3gs , 4.1 new snow 2.0 question <><><><>
    got a 3gs coming to me ,
    running 4.1
    model MB715LL
    bb : 5.14.02

    before i but it , is the new snowbreeze 2.0 gonna jailbreak this one ?
    thanks all ,luv ya !

  2. #2
    Yes and maybe no, its complicated. Just peruse some of the threads here and you will see.

  3. #3
    Jailbreak? Depends on your bootrom
    unlock for sure not possible right now

  4. #4
    read my post, mb = old bootrom mc = new bootrom

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by foreveraudio View Post
    read my post, mb = old bootrom mc = new bootrom
    Not everyone knows the codes and if you knew that then you should know whether sn0wbreeze can jailbreak your phone!

    regardless there are other stipulations as well, just google it!!

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by foreveraudio View Post
    read my post, mb = old bootrom mc = new bootrom
    This isn't true. Model number can't be used to determine anything useful with regards to the 3GS. That only works for ipt2g.

    Also, whether he has the new or the old bootrom doesn't matter. Sn0wbreeze can't jailbreak any 3GS already on 4.1
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    This isn't true. Model number can't be used to determine anything useful with regards to the 3GS. That only works for ipt2g.

    Also, whether he has the new or the old bootrom doesn't matter. Sn0wbreeze can't jailbreak any 3GS already on 4.1
    And you know whats even worse? Shatter is a exploit targeting the A4 processors only. So in other words, 4.1 3gs phones with 5.14.02 are ******. Royally ******, might as well just sell it if you cant use the carrier.

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by philster View Post
    And you know whats even worse? Shatter is a exploit targeting the A4 processors only. So in other words, 4.1 3gs phones with 5.14.02 are ******. Royally ******, might as well just sell it if you cant use the carrier.
    What are you basing that on? The dev teams have stated that SHAtter will work on all existing devices.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Ozarks
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    What are you basing that on? The dev teams have stated that SHAtter will work on all existing devices.
    I'm wandering the same thing.I've got a virgin 3GS and want to jailbreak. That's what I thought the shatter exploit was good for. I've got the old boot rom but now shsh saved except for my 4.1..thought I saved at least my 4.0.2 but I guess I didn't.lol



    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  10. #10
    I'm pretty sure that SHAtter is only for A4 as well. iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, iPad...all the new stuff.
    Also, sn0wbreeze 2 is only on old bootrom 3gs as only old bootrom can do custom firmware (right?)

  11. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    But why would it only be for the A4 chip? Parts of the chip are the same as earlier devices. When a bug/exploit is found in the bootrom, Apple doesn't completely rewrite it. They simply fix the bug.

    Does anyone have an actual source saying that it only works on the absolute newest devices?
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  12. #12
    I dont think this will work...
    Mabey in the future there will be more jailbreak for 3GS 4.1 but not now/:

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    But why would it only be for the A4 chip? Parts of the chip are the same as earlier devices. When a bug/exploit is found in the bootrom, Apple doesn't completely rewrite it. They simply fix the bug.

    Does anyone have an actual source saying that it only works on the absolute newest devices?
    It's common knowledge that only iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4G use a4. Now that that's clear read this article. Shatter Uses A4 Exploit For a Tethered Jailbreak - iSmashPhone iPhone Blog Still, I'm not sure, no one is but the developer

  14. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    It's common knowledge that only iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4G use a4. Now that that's clear read this article. Shatter Uses A4 Exploit For a Tethered Jailbreak - iSmashPhone iPhone Blog Still, I'm not sure, no one is but the developer
    In that blog, it says it's the same vulnerability that geohot found a while back. Geohot found that bug in april/may, which is well before the iPhone 4 was released.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Ozarks
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    In that blog, it says it's the same vulnerability that geohot found a while back. Geohot found that bug in april/may, which is well before the iPhone 4 was released.
    I've been thinking the same thing. Doesn't the article also state that it will be able to jailbreak all idevices to date?? With all the assumptions going around,I dont know wether to keep my 3GS. Wish it would get released so we would all know the specifics.

  16. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdyperdy View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing. Doesn't the article also state that it will be able to jailbreak all idevices to date?? With all the assumptions going around,I dont know wether to keep my 3GS. Wish it would get released so we would all know the specifics.
    That's what I believe. That it will jailbreak all devices. Although I can't find a source myself, so I'm not 100% sure at the moment.

    edit: also to back up my point, http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-4-j...lock-for-life/ which talks about the bootrom bug found by geohot. Notice the date is two days before the i4 is released. It is said in this post http://www.redmondpie.com/shatter-ja...pad-confirmed/ that geo's bug and SHAtter are the same.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-09-26 at 10:40 PM.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    In that blog, it says it's the same vulnerability that geohot found a while back. Geohot found that bug in april/may, which is well before the iPhone 4 was released.
    Different bootrom exploit.

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdyperdy View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing. Doesn't the article also state that it will be able to jailbreak all idevices to date?? With all the assumptions going around,I dont know wether to keep my 3GS. Wish it would get released so we would all know the specifics.
    greenpois0n - Only a4 devices, only untetherred on 4.1 for now
    limera1n (just released) - check out the website limera1n

    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    That's what I believe. That it will jailbreak all devices. Although I can't find a source myself, so I'm not 100% sure at the moment.

    edit: also to back up my point, http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-4-j...lock-for-life/ which talks about the bootrom bug found by geohot. Notice the date is two days before the i4 is released. It is said in this post http://www.redmondpie.com/shatter-ja...pad-confirmed/ that geo's bug and SHAtter are the same.
    Geohot's second bootorm exploit also uses comex's userland hole to untether, as with greenpois0n.

  18. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    Different bootrom exploit.



    greenpois0n - Only a4 devices, only untetherred on 4.1 for now
    limera1n (just released) - check out the website limera1n



    Geohot's second bootorm exploit also uses comex's userland hole to untether, as with greenpois0n.
    Pretty easy correcting me now that a lot of info has been released
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  19. #19
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Pretty easy correcting me now that a lot of info has been released
    Lol yes, that's true. I've also been easily corrected after all the solid facts have been released today/yesterday.

  20. #20

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •