Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I restore my jailbroken iPhone 3GS

1) make sure you have the blobs for 4.0.1.
    2) put phone into dfu
    3) in tinyumbrella in advanced request (your firmware) from (Cydia) and start TSS server
    4) shift-restore restore to downloaded 4.0.1
    5) if you're downgrading you may need to kick out of recovery

The problem is most likely that new tinymubrella is set by defualt to 4.1 SHSHes and not 4.0.1 anymore

everything was going well then i got a error (3002) cannot restore ? im going to try & research error 3002 now

I'm still in safe mode trying to restore to my current fw which is 4.0.1 I get error 3002 in iTunes I kick the phone out of recovery & I end up in the same boat never gets to activate phone. Any ideas I don't know what else to do , I've tried to research error 3002 on here but I don't see any resolves just alot of people in the same boat I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by Little257622 View Post
    I'm still in safe mode trying to restore to my current fw which is 4.0.1 I get error 3002 in iTunes I kick the phone out of recovery & I end up in the same boat never gets to activate phone. Any ideas I don't know what else to do , I've tried to research error 3002 on here but I don't see any resolves just alot of people in the same boat I'm in

I got this from Tiny Umbrella's site in the "Read Me" right column

"If you get a 3002 error it is likely because you clicked 'Update' and not Shift or Option + 'Restore'. TinyUmbrella ONLY supports restores. Updates are not supported yet. (Nor are they planned to be supported)

3002 errors could also come from not being able to modify your hosts file. Please make your hosts file writable as some anti-virus software changes the permissions on that file to read-only.
    (google is your friend)"

I'm sorry you are stuck, I am new at this too but I didn't run into the problem you are having.

What phnoe is this? Will it be one of the ones jailbreakable with Greenpois0n?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12