Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreakme.com dont work anymore

Default jailbreakme.com dont work anymore
    Hi everyone I really need some help here. I got a new iphone 4 and has the firmware 4.01 but when I go to jailbreakme.com the slide to unlock will not slide. I have jailbreak iphone 4 with IOS 4.01 before so many times before but this is not going to work. Please help

Are you sure your firmware is 4.0.1 not 4.1?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

A "new" iPhone 4 will def not be at 4.0.1 these days.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well "new" could mean a couple of things to a certain individual. Like buying from someone off craigslist or eBay. But yes an actual "new new" iP4 such as from AT&T or Apple, they usually come with 4.0.2 or 4.1. Mine came with 4.0.2.

it is %100 IOS 4.0.1 and it is not from ebay, it is brand new iphone 4. Would you suggest I should back up ssh using umbrella and than restore 4.0.1. I dont know what to do because I have jailbroken abot 5 ipohone 4 for friends and family and this is the first time I am having problem.

Quote Originally Posted by delizaza23 View Post
    it is %100 IOS 4.0.1 and it is not from ebay, it is brand new iphone 4. Would you suggest I should back up ssh using umbrella and than restore 4.0.1. I dont know what to do because I have jailbroken abot 5 ipohone 4 for friends and family and this is the first time I am having problem.
    Try restarting your iphone4 holding home and power button till it restarts. Clear cache and cookies, also make sure java is on and accepting cookies.

Try that and see what happens

Thanks

Hmm, give this link a try:

http://www.jailbreakme.com/_/iPhone3,1_4.0.1.pdf

A direct link to the jailbreak PDF. Since you're not even getting to the "downloading" screen it sounds like, it might be on the site's end.

Accord's advice is solid as well, do a hard reboot and clear cache/cookies after every failed attempt... just for good measure, really.

Ok guys, Thank you for all the advice but still will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by delizaza23 View Post
    Ok guys, Thank you for all the advice but still will not work.
    I forgot to ask are you using wifi, there are some cases where those types of websites are blocked.