Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackra1ned 3G to 4.1 upgrade question

Default Blackra1ned 3G to 4.1 upgrade question
    Hi,

I've been reading many posts about 3G to 4.1 jailbreak. As far as I can see, there are 2 ways? One is to use Sn0wbreeze and the other is to use Pwnage?

I know my best bet is to wait a little bit more, but I'm also curious about 3G that was jailbroken by Blackra1n because I see some threads saying phones needed to be JBed by redsnow or something for some JB to work.

Does anyone know what the best option is for 3G JBed with Blackra1n? Here is the details from f0recast:

iPhone 3G - 3.1.2 (7D11)

Baseband: 05.12.01

Bootloader: 5.9

Jailbreakable?: Yes

Unlockable?: Already Unlocked

Tethered?: No

I don't remember unlocking, but it says unlocked lol. I must have done it without awareness. I'm with ATT, so I don't need unlocking. Thanks in advance!

GT

EDIT: PS: I use PC (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit)
    Last edited by GoldenTequila; 2010-09-24 at 07:17 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Hit restore in itunes which will take you to official 4.1.
    Run Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 for mac version and point to 4.1 when you are ask to.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm a PC user. I should have mentioned that. I'm gonna edit the first post to include it.

Thanks

from the redsn0w site

"The Windows version needs further testing, so for now this is available only for Mac OS X x86. The Windows version will come as soon as the bugs are ironed out."

So, I guess Blackra1n doesn't make any difference, and I can just follow those main stream JBs and the steps? Just wanna be cautious because I don't see Blackra1n mentioned anymore (for the obvious reason), and tutorials are written with assumptions that you used redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, p-tool, etc....

Thanks

just my personal opinion but I would wait for something from the dev team, right now on a pc I believe your only option is sn0wbreeze and there are already several posts with problems using it on a 3G

ok so my question is this. the iphone 3g 16g i have i updated to 4.1 i wanna jailbreak and unlock it but im getting mixed reactions.. one person says it cant be unlocked to tmobile and jailbroken but most people are saying it can... so whast the OFFICAL word?

If it helps, I went ahead and used Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 and successfully JBed mine. Everything is working just fine, no problem.

But, if you already updated to 4.1, you may not be able to unlock it yet. I don't know well because I don't unlock, but here is what the official ultrasn0w site says:

IF YOU USE THE ULTRASN0W UNLOCK, PLEASE WAIT FOR PWNAGETOOL TO SUPPORT 4.1. DO NOT USE REDSN0W. Thatís because to use redsn0w at 4.1, you need to already have updated to official 4.1 from Apple. If you do that, you lose the ultrasn0w unlock (possibly forever).
    By the way, when your question is different from a thread, it's probably better to start your own thread. You'd have a better chance of getting the help you need

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rated2g View Post
    ok so my question is this. the iphone 3g 16g i have i updated to 4.1 i wanna jailbreak and unlock it but im getting mixed reactions.. one person says it cant be unlocked to tmobile and jailbroken but most people are saying it can... so whast the OFFICAL word?
    as of now you can't unlock it