Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help with my J/Break

Default Please Help with my J/Break
    Thanks for reading this. I need some help. Last night my jailbroken iphone ((3gs) 3.1.2 locked up and had to do a system restore. Unfortunatly it updated to ios 4.1 Now it is like a new iphone with the new 4.1 softeare on it. The official version is 4.1(8B117) thats on my phone. I dont know what and old or new "botrom" is. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get my phone to jailbreak? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Old bootrom means you can use both stock and custom firmware to restore.
    New bootrom means you can only use stock firmware to restore.
    Now that you have restored to OS 4.1, you can only jailbreak but not unlock because you have updated your baseband.

To be able to jailbreak, you must downgrade to stock 3.1.3 with shsh blogs and then jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.4. Once this is done, if you want iOS 4.0 jailbreak, use Snowbreeze 1.7 to create a custom firmware. If you want to jailbreak 4.1 , use Snowbreeze 2.0 to create a custom firmware of 4.1.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-23 at 09:50 PM.

Im not tryig to unlock. Im with ATT and happy with that. With my 3gs and the new 4.1 OS, how do I jailbreak it if thats possible. As far as the botrom I dont know what I have. Any help you could give me would be appreciated as Ive had a jailbroken iphone for over a year and now I feel like Im walking again

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I just edited my thread again, so basically you have to follow the instruction.
    Use tiny umbrella to store your 3.1.3 shsh blogs. You have to grab it from Cydia, use Advanced option to do that. Once you have grabed your 3.1.3 shsh and stored locally. Put your iphone into DFU mode , start Tss Server, it will say connecting, then do the shift + Restore to 3.1.3 stock ipsw. Once this is done, go and resd my previous post in this thread.

You will also need to error out 1015 too, use kick out of recovery from Tiny Umbrella. I also suggest you restore to custom firmware of iOS 4.0 not iOS4.1 if you want Cydia to work properly as most apps are not ported to 4.1 yet.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-23 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks Im at the start tss and it says its running. Do i just wait for it to quit running before doing anything else

also itunes is saying its in recovery mode. do i close out itunes?? Help
    Last edited by IPHONEGEEK1973; 2010-09-23 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IPHONEGEEK1973 View Post
    Thanks Im at the start tss and it says its running. Do i just wait for it to quit running before doing anything else

also itunes is saying its in recovery mode. do i close out itunes?? Help
    It's not supposed to quit running. You're supposed to run it while you restore. Close off iTunes, run the TSS server, open iTunes again and shift+restore when it detects your phone in DFU.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

IPHONEGEEK1973 (2010-09-23)

Thanks Annie. Also I am downloading the 3.1.3 firmware. Once i hit shift restore, do I click on the 3.1.3 firmware when the box opens up? Thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You select the ipsw for which you have the SHSH for. I don't think I ever caught on to what SHSHs you have saved and pulled into TU so... My answer is you will select the ipsw that you want to go to that you have SHSHs saved for.