Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: When are they going to release Greenpois0n?

Default When are they going to release Greenpois0n?
    Hey Guys !

My iPhone 3Gs got bricked today and i cant activate and jailbreak my device because it´s bought from another country.
    My iPhone is on firmware 4.0 and i have my shsh´s saved on 3.1.3, 4.0 and 4.0.1. Now i just wonder if i can fix my device somehow or should i wait on the Greenpois0n program.
    I want to fix my device quickly as possible.

Thanks !

Cant you put it into dfu mode and use TU to restore to one of those versions?

Have you tried cooking a custom firmware with iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Good idea but i dont know if there´s a program that can hacktivate and jailbreak an iDevices on 3.1.3 or 4.0.

Thanks

Sn0wbreeze and pwnage can hacktivate the phone if it's an old bootrom and will accept a custom fw.

Oh and btw greenp0ison was released months ago. It's not a jailbreak, it's a suite of tools used to find and develop exploits into jailbreaks.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-09-23 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    Sn0wbreeze and pwnage can hacktivate the phone if it's an old bootrom and will accept a custom fw.

Oh and btw greenp0ison was released months ago. It's not a jailbreak, it's a suite of tools used to find and develop exploits into jailbreaks.
    My iPhone got the old bootroom, GreenPois0n is going to be released and i think it´s a king of "Lifetime jailbreak".

Will somebody please who can coherently explain the ios 4.1 jailbreak situation create a single thread that explains it beecause there are so many damn confusing opposing posts and information it really is winding me up.

As it stands "I" believe the situation is: - ios 4.1 can be jailbroken by sn0wbreeze (windows), modded pwnage or redsn0w (mac)for ipods or ipod touch that are 2g, 3g, 3gs (old bootrom) 3gs (new bootrom but some special requirements)- Anything with the new A4 chip (iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 4) can not.

ipod2g found an exploit in the A4 chip (SHAtter) - that can be used to jailbreak the latter devices, the toolset that is Greenpois0n which are a set of Jailbreak programs that make finding a way to use the exploit to create a jailbreak are being used by the iPhone Dev team to try and create a stable jailbreak for iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4 - the type of jailbreak or name of jailbreak is not yet known.

To answer you question don't wait for something that nobody seems sure what it will do, if you have a 3gs with early bootrom you can use existing tools, if have the late bootrom you might be able to but if not I am not sure any future jailbreak will help?

Answers on a postcard to:-
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

stlcaddie (2010-09-23)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tomioo9 View Post
    My iPhone got the old bootroom, GreenPois0n is going to be released and i think it´s a king of "Lifetime jailbreak".
    If you do indeed have the old bootrom then use existing tools to jailbreak.
    And here is a link to the already very released greenpois0n:

http://posixninja.blogspot.com/

Like I said greenpois0n itself is not a jailbreak. It's a group of tools to develop jailbreaks.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-09-23 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks

It's like these jailbreaks come out of Area 51. There's been sightings but no real proof it exist.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    Will somebody please who can coherently explain the ios 4.1 jailbreak situation create a single thread that explains it beecause there are so many damn confusing opposing posts and information it really is winding me up.

As it stands "I" believe the situation is: - ios 4.1 can be jailbroken by sn0wbreeze (windows), modded pwnage or redsn0w (mac)for ipods or ipod touch that are 2g, 3g, 3gs (old bootrom) 3gs (new bootrom but some special requirements)- Anything with the new A4 chip (iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 4) can not.

ipod2g found an exploit in the A4 chip (SHAtter) - that can be used to jailbreak the latter devices, the toolset that is Greenpois0n which are a set of Jailbreak programs that make finding a way to use the exploit to create a jailbreak are being used by the iPhone Dev team to try and create a stable jailbreak for iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4 - the type of jailbreak or name of jailbreak is not yet known.

To answer you question don't wait for something that nobody seems sure what it will do, if you have a 3gs with early bootrom you can use existing tools, if have the late bootrom you might be able to but if not I am not sure any future jailbreak will help?

Answers on a postcard to:-
    Sn0wbreeze can't jailbreak a 3GS (no matter the bootrom) already on 4.1. Nothing currently can.

My advice to you would be to downgrade to 4.0.1, buy a phonebook sim and use that to activate the phone and then jailbreak using jailbreakme.com
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.