Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenposi0n is fake!!!!?

Default Greenposi0n is fake!!!!?
    I've been reading on sum (underground) forums that greenposi0n is completely fake???.... It does seem so though cause they not given ETA or haven't been giving useful updates on their site,,, I think it's unbreakable iOS 4.1 an all.. What do you think?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

It is not fake, members of the dev team and chronic dev team are involved who have proven themselves in the past. No reason to fake anything. There are fake greenp0ison sites out there though.

I'm pretty sure it's unofficial but idk about being fake..I haven't done much research on it anyways but i know that not giving an ETA does not make it fake, the dev team doesn't even do that. It's out when it's out they always say.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's unofficial but idk about being fake..I haven't done much research on it anyways but i know that not giving an ETA does not make it fake, the dev team doesn't even do that. It's out when it's out they always say.
    What is unofficial about it?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ipodfcker (2010-09-21)

yeah but how have they proven themselves? pr02g (or whatever) has left he was the founder why would he leave i think its to keep people waiting,
    i also think 4.1 is unbreakable (and higher ios to be) .....and this my opinion ok!! D
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 2010-09-21 at 05:17 PM.

Thanks

Who is flaming you? pod2G left but he was has stated that he deals in exploits not jailbreaks. His work is in the hands of the Dev team who have proven themselves and the Chronic Dev team who havent done quite as much but are trusted members of the community and have done quite a few hacks themselves (24kpwn eg.)

so why dont they say where abouts they are with the jailbreak?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodfcker View Post
    so why dont they say where abouts they are with the jailbreak?
    Because you wouldn't understand what they have to say anyway so it'd be pointless.

Really, your last post about "fags" says a lot about you.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Thanks

Greenp0ison is not a jailbreak. It is however a suite of tools used to find and develop exploits into jailbreaks. These tools are publicly available from the greenp0ison site.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Because you wouldn't understand what they have to say anyway so it'd be pointless.

Really, your last post about "fags" says a lot about you.
    You just proven my point people think their best mates with developers and that they know how to code and sh1t. Your a noob just like me anyone could follow instructions on how to do things. Greenpois0n is fake period.

If ur so sure it's fake, then why post a thread asking ppl if it's fake

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You just proven my point people think their best mates with developers and that they know how to code and sh1t. Your a noob just like me anyone could follow instructions on how to do things. Greenpois0n is fake period.
    As jkmonkey just said, greenpois0n has already been released. See the newest post on this blog: entertheninja

What you're talking about is the SHAtter jailbreak. Now about this coming jailbreak, it has been confirmed by all current releasing devs. The fact that you still don't believe it, shows that you're a 'noob', to use your phrasing.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

It is not fake but people have been making fake websites and software and claiming that it is greenp0ison. The real greenpi0son has not yet been released.

Jailbreakers: Beware of Fake Greenpois0n Websites
    Sep 16, 2010 - 9:21 PM - by Wiley John Wright
    Jailbreakers: Beware of Fake Greenpois0n Websites

As the jailbreak community eagerly awaits the latest jailbreak for iOS 4.1, some unscrupulous individuals have decided to exploit the situation for personal gain. A website, using greenp0ison’s name, but a .info instead of a .com domain, has been set up to trick users into giving out personal information. The site invites users to download their software, but then starts phishing for personal information, such as Facebook login info, phone numbers and more. A YouTube video demonstrating the Jailbreak process and linking you to the fake site is also circulating, making this site seem all the more legitimate.

On this fake site, a large download button invites you to download the latest Jailbreak for all Apple iOS 4.1 devices. When you click this button, instead of downloading any software, you get a window that asks you to complete a survey before you can unlock the promised software. Out of... [Read More]
    Last edited by dylan17; 2010-09-21 at 05:41 PM.

Please don't feed the troll. OP is just pissed he "accidentally upgraded/bought" a iPt2G with 4.1 firmware. Now the anger's being taken out on Greenp0ison and this community.

As always with new JBs, it'll come out when it comes out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by douflag View Post
    Please don't feed the troll. OP is just pissed he "accidentally upgraded/bought" a iPt2G with 4.1 firmware. Now the anger's being taken out on Greenp0ison and this community.

As always with new JBs, it'll come out when it comes out.
    +1......you can always tell when someone f's up and are pissed that the jailbreak isn't out right when they want it because the are either to stupid or lazy to research before buying/updating

i think u jus need to STFU..... quit ******** about your problems or get a different phone.... if u rely on JB's u should be thanking the dev team and everyone who works hard to give us these tools to use.... if u decided to keep ******** about a JB for 4.1 y dont ur dumb *** go out and figure it out.... wait nvm ur a ****** idiot that doesnt know how... so jus STFU *******...

Thanks

Thread locked. It's getting out of hand.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

drog92 (2010-09-21)