Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreakme + spirit2pwn + snowbreeze 2.0 = 3GS upgrade to 4.1?

Default Jailbreakme + spirit2pwn + snowbreeze 2.0 = 3GS upgrade to 4.1?
    I read on redmondpie that snowbreeze 2.0 is supposed to be released on Wednesday. On the site it states that one of the phones it can JB is a 3GS old bootrom but even a 4.0.1 jailbroken with jailbreakme phone. It says that if you use spirit2pwn with jailbreakme then you can use the new snowbreeze.

It sounds weird, just wondered if anyone else had heard about this or knew if it should work?

I've used spirit2pwn many times from 3.1.3 spirit JB phones but never with jailbreakme.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yes, I think it is possible but old bootrom only. It says the new snowbreeze 2.0 is compatible with all jailbreaks.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-21 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    I read on redmondpie that snowbreeze 2.0 is supposed to be released on Wednesday. On the site it states that one of the phones it can JB is a 3GS old bootrom but even a 4.0.1 jailbroken with jailbreakme phone. It says that if you use spirit2pwn with jailbreakme then you can use the new snowbreeze.

It sounds weird, just wondered if anyone else had heard about this or knew if it should work?

I've used spirit2pwn many times from 3.1.3 spirit JB phones but never with jailbreakme.
    The only question is has Spirit2Pwn been updated for 4.0(.1)? msft.guy (the true author of the original IIRC) said that script is specifically designed for 3.1.3.

If it's been updated, then you should be golden. I wouldn't budge until you've got confirmation, especially if you've not got at least 4.0.1 SHSH blobs (3.1.2 blobs if your heart is set on 4.1).

It's sure not been updated (still version 1.0), so if that is indeed "the only question" then the answer is no, but there are now multiple sites saying it will work for jailbreakme jailbroken devices.

Guess we'll wait and see the fallout on the forum if it doesn't work...
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-09-21 at 11:56 AM.

Default Help jail break 4.1 3gs
    hey im stuck as i downloaded jailbreakme then updated phone 2 days later and lost it all i never saved nothin...what will i need to download or have to have for when then new jail break is released ? any help would be great thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coco27 View Post
    hey im stuck as i downloaded jailbreakme then updated phone 2 days later and lost it all i never saved nothin...what will i need to download or have to have for when then new jail break is released ? any help would be great thanks
    Unfortunately you have to hang tight for the new JB to be released. I did the same thing with my i4 except I accidentally clicked update and my device came with 4.0.1.

I have been waiting almost a month now... I am prepared to keep waiting- because I don't have the brains to figure it out on my own... I am still a iPhone rookie!

You guy should still download tiny umbrella and start a SHSH blob collection.

As far as this thread goes, I saw on another thread that a guy used spirit2pwn with jailbreakme and it bricked his phone. So no stories of success yet.

Thanks

It is out, Snowbreeze 2.0 , great.

It's available!

Ih8sn0w.com

Thanks

Just saw it, thanks. I am going to try out tonight.
    OMG, it is even faster than 4.0 on this 3GS, just jailbroke and unlock 4.1, GameCenter..love it
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-23 at 05:17 AM.

I just got an iphone 3gs version 3.1.2 baseband 5.11.07 and old bootrom iboot IBOOT-359.3 however it is JB and unlock how do i know what software use to JB the 3gs ie spirit - jailbreakme etc... -- can i update 4.1 and JB and Unlock

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agitcom View Post
    I just got an iphone 3gs version 3.1.2 baseband 5.11.07 and old bootrom iboot IBOOT-359.3 however it is JB and unlock how do i know what software use to JB the 3gs ie spirit - jailbreakme etc... -- can i update 4.1 and JB and Unlock

Thanks
    I would ask whoever jailbroke it for you to tell you. Do you have any SHSH files on store? If you do it would be safest to do a restore to 3.1.2 (preferable) to JB with blackrain or 3.1.3 to JB with spirit and spirit2pwn before using custom firmware.

One thing I would say, is that JBme normally has some pixel along the top edge when the phone is booting up. Blackrain normally has an icon on the springboard. Not 100% foolproof though.

Default Not works
    I tried the Snowbreeze update tutorial posted on redmondpie. The phone is knocked off by spirit2pwn into permanent DFU mode once you connect it to a computer.

I had to restore to 4.0 (SHSH on file). If the phone is not jailbroken, a restore of a Snowbreeze baked firmware will knock your phone to recovery mode loop.

My phone is an old boot 3Gs which had iOS 4.0 jailbroken with jailbreakme.

I recommend staying away from this method unless you have iOS 3.1.3 jailbroken with spirit.

Default jailbreak 4.0.2
    Hey, I have an iphon 3gs old bootrom running 4.0.2 un-jailbroken. I used to have a jailbreak on 4.0 but had to restore due to bringing device back to apple. when I restored it, it auto updated to 4.0.2. Does anyone know if I can jailbreak 4.0.2 with snowbreeze 2.0 without a current jailbreak on the device. I am also not sure if I have shsh blobs on my previous 4.0 jailbreak.

You must downgrade to restore, so you need shsh on file. Get tinyumbrella and see what you've got.

@ westonben
    Stay away from Spirit2Pwn with iPhone 3GS old bootrom
    I followed the horrible steps on that redmondpie/sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 article, got myself a shiny paperweight now (DFU mode loop, this thing is really stuck!).

Pretty sure my only hope is to either wait a couple weeks for my battery to drain completely, or physically pry open the device and remove the battery for a couple hours, then restore.. I guess it kicks the phone out of DFU mode and into the correct recovery mode?

More here ( http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...e-3-1-3-a.html )

Quote Originally Posted by CorpseGrind View Post
    @ westonben
    Stay away from Spirit2Pwn with iPhone 3GS old bootrom
    I followed the horrible steps on that redmondpie/sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 article, got myself a shiny paperweight now (DFU mode loop, this thing is really stuck!).

Pretty sure my only hope is to either wait a couple weeks for my battery to drain completely, or physically pry open the device and remove the battery for a couple hours, then restore.. I guess it kicks the phone out of DFU mode and into the correct recovery mode?

More here ( http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...e-3-1-3-a.html )
    I faced the same problem and try this How to fix a DFU loop caused by Spirit2Pwn - iPod touch Fans forum - iPod, iPhone and iPad

then restore FW 4.1. It did work for me,

Thanks

if you have used jailbreakme on the old bootrom, do not use spirit to pwned, it will brick your iphone : It goes into dfu mode permanently.

Default jbme2pwn released!
    i was just in mirc and ih8sn0w told me the guy that he and the guy that owns the repo woowiz sorted out the issues and created a stand alone jbme2pwn it is there!

i asked him if i could use jbme2pwn in 4.0.1 without going back to 3.1.x and he replied yes... haven't tried this yet... any braves out therE? lol or someone who did? this isn't a fake tool it is developed with the jailbreak me code for sn0wbreeze 2 to to work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by apollo_1444 View Post
    i was just in mirc and ih8sn0w told me the guy that he and the guy that owns the repo woowiz sorted out the issues and created a stand alone jbme2pwn it is there!

i asked him if i could use jbme2pwn in 4.0.1 without going back to 3.1.x and he replied yes... haven't tried this yet... any braves out therE? lol or someone who did? this isn't a fake tool it is developed with the jailbreak me code for sn0wbreeze 2 to to work
    If you are brave enough to try it, let us know your progress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast