Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New 3gs, advise welcome

Default New 3gs, advise welcome
    Hello,

Iphone 3gs was replaced under warranty, below are the specs.

Version: 4.0.2 (8A400)
    Carrier: Fido 7.0
    ModeL: MB717LL
    Firmware: 5.13.04

I used a fido card to activate the phone, my carrier is rogers however (I bought the old phone off kijiji). I've read up on the greenpoison updates & wondering what steps I need to take to prepare for the upcoming JB?

-Phil

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

For jailbreaking now, there's nothing you can do, but for preparation you can use TinyUmbrella to store your 4.1 SHSH. When you use the tool, ask it to get your SHSH with Cydia selected as the source. This will ensure that Cydia also stores your 4.1 SHSH and all subsequent ones.

You can find TU here: The Firmware Umbrella
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    For jailbreaking now, there's nothing you can do, but for preparation you can use TinyUmbrella to store your 4.1 SHSH. When you use the tool, ask it to get your SHSH with Cydia selected as the source. This will ensure that Cydia also stores your 4.1 SHSH and all subsequent ones.

You can find TU here: The Firmware Umbrella
    Thanks for the tip, I went ahead & updated to 4.1 (from 4.0.2). SHSH files are now stored in case i ever need them. The baseband updated as well, will just have to sit tight & wait for the jailbreak / unlock. If that never happends, I should have 0 problems selling a new fido 3gs with 1 year warranty. Life is good when you have options. ;D

CHeers