Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activate carrier locked iphone4 without sim

Default Activate carrier locked iphone4 without sim
    So heres the story

I had an iphone 4, carrier locked, originally at 4.0.1, jailbroken and carried unlocked with ultrasn0w. I was having some issues with the bluetooth radio so decided to try 4.1, after backing up everything on the phone, with appsync and an itunes backup.

After the 4.1 upgrade finished, obviously it removed my carrier unlock, and I dont have the sim of the carrier the phone is locked to (I think german T-mobile). I tried putting it into DFU mode and downgrading back to 4.0.1, and it seemed to work, but again I need to activate it and it wants a sim from the carrier its locked to.

Is there any way for me to do this without getting that sim (im faaar away in another country), like some unlocked ipsw that will work on the iphone 4, or anything like that.

Any of the following would be fine with me, being able to use it as a glorified wifi browser and gaming device with no ability to make calls on 4.1, getting it back to being jailbroken and on 4.0.1.

thanks for any help or insight

(I have blobs for 4.0.1 saved in tinyumbrella and on sauriks server)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You need either a original carrier sim or a phonebook sim to activate it. No other way around it. You can find phonebook sims on ebay.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

subtext (2010-09-18)

I took it to a guy who works in the back of some fashion shop whos apparently a wizard and he activated it, so now its 4.0.1 but with baseband 02.10.04, is there any way for me to get a carrier unlock?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

No, sorry. that baseband cannot be unlocked right now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

subtext (2010-09-18)

can i unlock iphone4 with different sim that it is asking for?

need to unlock carrier lock with no sim or activated sim with no pin lock iphone 4 4.2.1
    Last edited by adrianhart_87@live.com.au; 2011-03-15 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost