Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPHONE 4 Jailbroken General Question

Default IPHONE 4 Jailbroken General Question
    I've recently got a jailbroken IPHONE 4 and have been using it for about a day. I decided to try to upload some music onto it by using itunes and I also updated it not knowing that it would lock it up. I've been working on getting it back to unlocked working condition for 4-5 hours now and all I have done is change it back to version 4.0.1 BUT the iphone itself says "insert a valid sim card with no pin lock". My question is if I use a friend's simcard that has an AT&T valid sim would it work? and would i have to enter other information like SSN and what not? I have already used the IPHONE before but it was just the updating that caused it to lock.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You have upgraded your baseband and you can only use it on AT&T sim card. If you can downgrade , you can only jailbreak but no unlock

is there anyway of unlocking it now or in the future?

Thanks

Not now, but maybe in the future.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

When do unlocks of baseband usually come out? a couple days? weeks? months? years? Thanks for all your help everyone!