Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: was jailbroken, i fudged it up

Default was jailbroken, i fudged it up
    iphone 3gs was jailbroken, while adding songs to phone i absentmindedly accepted the available update from apple which gave me im guessing os4? anyhoo,I tried the downgrading posted here but i get the error message saying "cannot restore this firmware isnt compatible" i dont have an att sim, only my t-mobile. Is there anyway I can jailbreak my phone again without the att sim? ANY help would be greatly appreciated! I usually figure out tech stuff by trial and error but I am totally lost. thanks!

Thanks

if you just updated then it updated to you to 4.1, even if you can get back to 3.1.x your baseband was updated when you went to 4.1 and basebands can not be downgraded and at this time there is no unlock for that baseband so your tmo sim will not work

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

jz23 (2010-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You are screwed, even if you can downgrade and jailbreak , you are not going to get the unlock back, atleast for now.
    To downgrade , you will need shsh blogs in order to downgrade. So once again , you have to download Tiny Umbrella to see if you have shsh blogs for the firmware you wish to downgrade.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

jz23 (2010-09-18)