Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problem with TinyUmbrella

Thanks

also when doing a restore you never want to restore from a backup if the phone was jailbroken (sometimes remnants of the jailbreak can carry over and cause problems) but it's fine to restore from backup if the phone wasn't jailbroken

2. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

UNDERD0G (2010-09-25)

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    also when doing a restore you never want to restore from a backup if the phone was jailbroken (sometimes remnants of the jailbreak can carry over and cause problems) but it's fine to restore from backup if the phone wasn't jailbroken
    I have done this since jailbreaking was possible with no problem
    If this were try then aptbackup and appbackup would not work

Problems include slowness and lack lack of battery life.
    It can also carry over custom carrier strings, numeric wifi, and battery percentage (even when not normally available)

Thanks for the help x98car, you just as all devs are the real heart that runs iPhone modding, after all we're the ones who have to 'test' & debug issues.

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    Does that mean it's better to set up as new iPhone after JB so as to not 'drag' issues from the previous OS or lose your JB? Just as a side note, I did try to restore from back up last night, after TU kick, and an iTunes error popped up and said my OS was older than what I was trying to load, & that I HAD to set up as new.
    Last edited by UNDERD0G; 2010-09-25 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Neil001 View Post
    @NHL, can you tell me.... what if my modem firmware is 05.14.02? what then? I have a iphone 3g 3.1.2 jailbroken with cydia before i stupidly restore it. At the time i mistake and thought i was upgrading to 4.01 until it was too late, now the infomation on the phone are as follows
    Model MB048LL
    Modem Firmware 05.14.02
    Version 4.1 (8B117)
    is it too difficult to downgrade to 4.01 and even if i was able to downgrade to 4.01 and j/b it is unlock possible?
    I believe these are your options:
    1) Jailbreak with sn0wbreeze. The specifics depend on whether you are new or old bootrom.
    2) Because you have saved with Cydia at 3.1.2, it's possible it has automatically saved other FW versions even without your knowledge or action. Install TU and check what FW SHSH are saved for you. If 4.0.0 or 4.0.1, restore to that with TU and jailbreak with jailbreakme.com

Sorry 05.15.02 has no unlock. It is also not possible to downgrade it even if you downgrade the FW. Eventually an unlock will be available.

If I'm full of it hopefully somebody will correct me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NHL Fever For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (2010-09-25)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12